JAMES

It was sh*t on implementation, it has been sh*t for the duration of its life and it remains sh*t in its new shiny package. It has sucked productivity hours from the shop floor for well over a decade and should have been binned years ago.

BUT, it allows higher HQ’s to play big brother over units and justifies them placing perfectly serviceable and maintained kit into the the WFM (another utter debacle) sheds to die, while units squable over vehicles.

But it’s digital, so it’s the future, regardless of utility for the poor old user ^~

There used to be a member of the JAMES project team on here ( @crimsonhussar ), he used to insist how fantastic it all was and how it was going to improve our life’s in the future.

He left the army some time ago, pity the pile of sh*t didn’t exit stage door left with him :)

I sense there is a strong dislike for this JAMES Modern (and it's previous versions) MIS on this thread since 2011 and most (if not all) Arrsers here commenting are old and bold.

I have used JAMES since 2007-11 then stopped to do a NATO posting, before resuming in 2015 and in all that time the system is still flawed with glitches, what the feck did Lockheed Martin design and how much are they getting for this monstrosity?

As they say, "You cant polish a turd!"

No, it just mean you'd get lost in the over complicated pile of **** a bit quicker............

I understand it has many problems but if it was fast, would it be ok?
Not really the following would help:

Not turning it off on Wednesdays and Fridays

Sorting the spares out so that the information can be interpreted in a useful way

Holding PTs to account for the information they are responsible for on JAMES, JAMES PT have slopey shouldered a lot of the work onto other PTs.

A lot of issues are not JAMES fault there are usually other factors at play.

MJDI (or rather the monkies operating it).

Those cúnts at Babcock.

Bowman (or lack thereof).

I could go into detail on the issues but I chinned the Army off and no longer care. Instead I've taken a POETS and am drinking gin in my hot tub.

I thought I'd pop in and post a quick update, it's still shit........
ARRSE should submit an information request along the lines of "how much money has been saved using JAMES?" or "how many man hours go into using JAMES" or the one I really want to know "who is using JAMES in the TLBs" ie making decisions based on its output?

Someone high up the food chain in 1 Div run a report a while ago to see which units were recording repairs and usages correctly, that turned out to be an embarrassing learning curve for them when JAMES spectacularly failed to do this

Glad to see things are still shite at the coal face, wife just reminded me that I would have been retired a year on Feb 20th had I not jumped ship two and a half years early

Enjoy, ..........remember, life , the universe and JAMES will still be shite long after you're all long gone

Someone high up the food chain in 1 Div run a report a while ago to see which units were recording repairs and usages correctly, that turned out to be an embarrassing learning curve for them when JAMES spectacularly failed to do this
Some pumper Capt in 1 Div emailed me last year to ask if we were going to fix a particular vehicle by VRN that day. He went on to explain that he'd had a look at James and didn't see any reason why we couldn't work on it.

I responded with a diplomatic 'Fúck off and do your own job and I'll do mine. ASM xxx'

Some pumper Capt in 1 Div emailed me last year to ask if we were going to fix a particular vehicle by VRN that day. He went on to explain that he'd had a look at James and didn't see any reason why we couldn't work on it.

I responded with a diplomatic 'Fúck off and do your own job and I'll do mine. ASM xxx'
And just what was the real reason that you lot couldnt be bothered getting off your arse and doing some work for once.

Nope, silence ever since. I imagine they got to learn what an utter pile of crap JAMES is and retreated away from it, obviously they won't do anything about it as they don't have to use it. But at least in trying to utilise it they've had a fleeting glimpse into it's uselessness.
Civilian fleet managers and repairers have IT that actually helps them, all the information on a couple of screens. No need for 12 different roles, no need to run soppy reports that fail to tell you what you want, no need to input the same information over 2 of more screens and no need to spend weeks doing pointless training.
It's not fit for purpose and should be loudly and publicly fucked off........

Latest Threads