James Shortt (AKA Baron Castleshort)

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by 1stgulfmac, Sep 24, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Currently huge discussion on this chap, see:

ARRSE page link

Claims he trained in Croydon as a nurse, anyone remeber him?
  2. Bloody hell, what have I missed!!!! is he for real???? tell me he is!!!!
  3. Seems very for real, but am curious about the nurse links. A walting nurse? Why?

In fact as follow up he wrote this to an ARRSER Byronik:

"The healthy scepticism expressed by the ARRSEur known as Buck Felize prompted me to e-mail the man himself for his permission to share one of the scanned documents attached to his threat of legal action on Thu, 28 Aug 2008: a letter from Major Grover RM dated Feb. 2, 1982.

Here is Shortt's response, unedited apart from a few paragraph breaks to make it readable.[/b]

From: “Baron James Shortt of Castleshort” <e-mail address available>
    Subject: Re: "Royal Marine Commando Forces - Consultant (1976-1982)"
    Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 12:18:02 +0100
    Organization: IBAHQ

Thank you for asking but I am not inclined to give any permission.

The individual can make direct contact with me if he wishes, as you have done.

As a journalist you will be aware, in any case of defamation I do not have to prove what I say but the the person(s) making the remarks must prove what they say. That said I will clarify that I was given leave of absence from the Capuchin Franciscans in the summer of 1974 to enable me to train as a nurse (then SRN under GNC but now called RGN under UKCC). During that the 3 year period of training for SRN I left the order to get married. "

4. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Where have you been? I have down as AWOL.
  5. D-L

I've got you down as Missing in Action, where have you been, wife keeping you under control at last?
  6. Been kept busy by these feckers in Wales :twisted:

So how's things going, have I missed anything, apart from the old Baron!
  7. I have you know I give her a good pasting daily.................. :oops:
  8. What a load of utter bullsh1t!!!!