James May writes about uncomfortable Army vehicles!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Litotes, Jan 6, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The army moves on its' stomach, very slowly.

2. The long haired civvy ponce! Must have been a culture shock for someone more accustomed to the luxurious interior of a Jaguar!

Bl00dy nice bloke though!

3. foam rubber for forces appeal, damn good idea :eek:

4. He's got a fair point though!

5. James May for Deputy PM!

6. He obviously doesn't realise how many expensive consultants in ergonomics were involved during development before most of their blinding glimpses of the obvious were binned for reasons of cost. Wasn't the Warrior's rear door originally intended for manual operation but became so cumbersome that a hydraulic mechanism had to be incorporated despite the contractor's reassurances?

7. Yes but lots of infantry lads lost their fingers in the early introduction of the hydraulic back door being stronger than flesh and bone. Alledgedly some when they realised they could claim around £400 a finger off their insurance, beer tokens eh :roll:

Quite impressed with the comfort and room inside the Mastiff though, better than the Saxon. At least being uncomfortable keeps you awake, if Im commandin a vehicle I dont want skiving sods snoring in the back :wink:

8. Yes but lots of infantry lads lost their fingers in the early introduction of the hydraulic back door being stronger than flesh and bone. Alledgedly some when they realised they could claim around £400 a finger off their insurance, beer tokens eh :roll:

Quite impressed with the comfort and room inside the Mastiff though, better than the Saxon. At least being uncomfortable keeps you awake, if Im commandin a vehicle I dont want skiving sods snoring in the back :wink:[/quote]

weren't saxon a heavy metal band?? never heard of Mastiff though - any good? :D

9. A friend of mine in Iraq a few years ago had some one close the door of a Warrior on him! He lost the tops of 2 of his fingers and got just under 10k..

10. Thats inflation for you since the late 80's.