Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by captin_thunderpants, Feb 21, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How are people generaly finding JAMES?
  2. Go in the MT and there it is, sat on the desk.
  3. Not everyones cup of tea but I think it's fantastic, but can be a little frustrating at times, bit slow and tempramental.

But a good system all the same, will be sorted when all the teething problems are fixed.
  4. Somewhat like the SA80 then? :wink:
  5. Exactly :wink:
  6. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Ah C_T, why do you feel the need to ask so many questions about this?

You ask same thing in the RLC section.
  7. It's better than JPA for producing Nominal Rolls. I'll give it that. JPA you have to tease with chocolate eclairs and a sledgehammer, with JAMES you just clicky and it makes it into an Excel spreadsheet - as if by magic.
  8. it's in the RLC section cos I'm in the RLC.

it's in this section cos, it's MT.

i'm not currently with an rlc unit, so am just keeping up to date with the rest of the corps,

however the question is open to anyone with a user role on james.

i currently work with the james MIS and i personeely think it's a very good system, also the potential, once it talks to the stores world is a big change to the way we do buisness
  9. We could just use a year planner at the fraction of the cost.
  10. We could just use a year planner at the fraction of the cost.[/quote]

depends how busy your year is.

if you can manage a whole fleet worth's of vehicle's and plans and generally admin details, on a year planner, i'd like to be in your unit.
  11. OK then, how about 2 year planners and a desk top diary ? Gotta be just as good as Jim and a damn sight cheaper. :D
  12. well it is meant to save money in the long run. of course it was expensive to start. as with all new systems, but i'm more interseted in the userability rather than the cost of implementatin of a new system
  13. can some one get me copies of the 1000 series of a full copy of jpa 341 off james and email me it cheers
  14. The presentation was a waste of a Trg night and a waste of 45mins of my life!!!!!!

They made the whole coy sit through the presentation only to be told the only bit that would affect us was the, Work Tickets. Great start that was, the audience consisited of recruits and many non drivers infact there was only 5 people out of 25 who needed to see it

:x :x