James Corum - Abandoned Engineering

One of the presenters on Abandoned Engineering, Dr James Corum, always seems to be be wearing an RGJ tie. I know he's ex USAF US Army Reserve, but what's the connection to the Black Mafia?

Last edited:
Jim isn't ex-USAF. He taught at Maxwell, but is an ex US Army reservist Lt Col. If push comes to shove, I can always email him to ask, although this would rank as one of the weirdest emails I've ever sent him....

Jim isn't ex-USAF. He taught at Maxwell, but is an ex US Army reservist Lt Col. If push comes to shove, I can always email him to ask, although this would rank as one of the weirdest emails I've ever sent him....
Haha! My apologies to Jim. I knew he had a military background but for some reason I thought he'd been USAF.

Haha! My apologies to Jim. I knew he had a military background but for some reason I thought he'd been USAF.
Understandable - he's an air power historian (written a lot about the Luftwaffe, did a biography of Wolfram von Richthofen, wrote the book on air power in small wars with Wray Johnson, etc) and spent quite some time teaching the USAF.

He's had that tie (or something like it) for years and years; he may well have been wearing it last time I met him...

Understandable - he's an air power historian (written a lot about the Luftwaffe, did a biography of Wolfram von Richthofen, wrote the book on air power in small wars with Wray Johnson, etc) and spent quite some time teaching the USAF.

He's had that tie (or something like it) for years and years; he may well have been wearing it last time I met him...
Name dropper!

Gender-sensitive measure?

That's one way of saying 'had testicles sliced off by a surgeon', I suppose...

"we've measured it and you may as well be a woman, tiny."

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Friendship or not, jump straight in with wild accusations of waltism and don't hold back. It's the Arrse way.

Latest Threads