James Bond was a rapist

TamH70

MIA
Woke critics speak up.

Interesting, but not Bond-related. Wrong video link?

Ok. Something funny about that. I had some politician slam into some US general about Afghanistan. Not that ginger-haired recently cancelled "comedian".

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Lets continue to judge historic things against todays standards, then get some poor mug to apologise or be punished for it.............

This new character ......Jane Blonde

How is she/it going to chase the villain across the rooftops in her/it's Dolce & Gabbana little black number and high heels?
Will Q become LGBQ?
Will she/it have an all singing and dancing gadget handbag?

Images of the new Blonde car have just been released

2757029958_77477bc0fe_b.jpg

263b975d6bfae490f8633c1f4a84c3f1.png

Wr-compact-intro-penelope-pitstop-the-racer-girl-41421821-1440-1080.jpg
Isn’t the current Q G?

DSJ

LE
Dominic Sandbrook has done a very good episode on James Bond on his "The rest is History" podcast.

1633619437406.png

I saw the new movie last night.

My favourite line from it was actually from M. Despite being a very senior establishment figure, he utters that most British expression of frustration:

”Oh for fvck’s sake” :)

Dredd

LE
Apparently James Bond was a rapist.

This isn't my personal opinion as I think Bond was a charming cad with the gift of the gab. AFAIK he never forced women, I haven't read the books though.

Sean Connery’s Bond was a rapist, says Cary Fukunaga

Cary Fukunaga, the director of No Time To Die, referred to an early Bond film where the spy has an encounter with a woman in a steam room. He pressures her into sex after threatening to complain to her bosses over his near death on a traction machine.

Speaking to The Hollywood Reporter, Fukunaga said: “Is it Thunderball or Goldfinger where, like, basically Sean Connery’s character rapes a woman? She’s like, ‘No, no, no,’ and he’s like, ‘Yes, yes, yes.’ That wouldn’t fly today.”

It was believed that the scene referred to included Connery and the actress Molly Peters...

I wonder what Mr Fleming would say? No doubt Bond will be played as a black lesbian in future series.

That is all really interesting.

We are getting some feedback now from those who have seen it now it is (finally) released who declare this film is massively over-hyped and not worth the 23 hours to watch it. (Or is it 2-3 hours but just feels longer?)

Usually I would dismiss such commentary and allow myself to make my own judgement, but if this is the viewpoint of the person who made it then they may just be right in what they are saying this time around. As we all know - go woke, go broke.

Mattb

LE
Are you sure he does her up the wrong'un? That would be a first for a Bond movie and a bit kinky for a mainstream British movie.
Guessing you've not seen Kingsman then.

Anyway, as Bond presently seems to be too woke for the right-wing grumpy mob and not woke enough for the tofu enthusiast-types, I'll assume that they've got it about right and go and watch it. My only concern is the running length - I hope it's not like Spectre where they turned a perfectly-serviceable 2 hour movie into a 2.5 hour drag. Or every Grand Tour special, for that matter.

That is all really interesting.

We are getting some feedback now from those who have seen it now it is (finally) released who declare this film is massively over-hyped and not worth the 23 hours to watch it. (Or is it 2-3 hours but just feels longer?)

Usually I would dismiss such commentary and allow myself to make my own judgement, but if this is the viewpoint of the person who made it then they may just be right in what they are saying this time around. As we all know - go woke, go broke.

Depends on how "invested" one is in the 007 genre. I can't really state my opinions about the movie, without revealing spoilers. But I really liked the way it links back to prior movies, I can say that. As I infer though, only those who know the prior films will "get" some of the links. Really well done, in my view.

Apparently James Bond was a rapist.
And a smoker and purchaser of leaded petrol and he refused to apologise for stealing peoples' futures.

Latest Threads