Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Bond - No Time To Die - Release Date:: November 2020 (Update - Release Date Now April 2021)

lecky

War Hero
I'm not sure why this annoys me as much as it does. I have no issue with her being the lead in a spy/action film.

However, Bond as a character is an early middle-aged bloke who smokes, drinks, is unpleasant to women and kills people while making bad jokes. That's the whole point of the film series.

Funnily enough I can't imagine any long standing book or film series where the main character is a black woman being portrayed by a white man.

****, this diversity/BLM shit is making me sound like a racist.
No, no, no....remember your Diversity training Comrade!
When a majority Race imitates another minority Race it's "Cultural Appropriation" = Bad
Although when the roles are reversed it's "Cultural Appreciation" = Good.

I'm not sure why this annoys me as much as it does. I have no issue with her being the lead in a spy/action film.

However, Bond as a character is an early middle-aged bloke who smokes, drinks, is unpleasant to women and kills people while making bad jokes. That's the whole point of the film series.

Funnily enough I can't imagine any long standing book or film series where the main character is a black woman being portrayed by a white man.

At least we don't need to make any more seasonal videos about black kids in Africa - might even get to enjoy dinner without having to watch them.................there again, maybe Africa has got some good rock bands..........we could do with a concert.

Hold the outrage bus. The article doesn’t say that Lashana Lynch is playing Bond.

I read it that her character takes over as 007 when Bond is retired at the beginning of the film. She’s not Bond. It’s not like that’s a new story line; plenty of Bond films start with Bond washed up, retired or whatever.

My bet; Bond comes out of retirement and sorts out the mess that this female 007 character creates. And probably looses his mess up her while he’s at it.

She’ll either end up brown bread after Bond nails her or she’ll end up as Bond’s bint at the end of the film. My money would be on the latter; she’s the scutter that he’s shagging in the final scene of the film. The French squeeze from the last film is in this one, so she’ll be the Bond girl that gets topped.

It’s not as if Bond films are predictable; two main Bond girl roles, both get shagged by Bond. One dies. The other one ends up as Bond’s forever shag. Until the next film.

And it’s not like Bond hasn’t gone black before.

Wasn't he the Frys chocolate man................worst Bond ever.
I watched the Dalton Bond films recently; he wasn’t that bad. With only two films, he probably didn’t get enough time to establish himself as Bond. Also, his Bond was a “hard” one, like Connery and Craig. He wasn’t playing for laughs like Moore and Brosnan and his scripts lacked the parody of theirs.

IMHO he would have built Bond very like Craig’s had he had more time. As it was, Eon went for more of the Moore feel with Brosnan. The latter’s films have dated very quickly.

Mattb

LE
Hold the outrage bus. The article doesn’t say that Lashana Lynch is playing Bond.

I read it that her character takes over as 007 when Bond is retired at the beginning of the film. She’s not Bond. It’s not like that’s a new story line; plenty of Bond films start with Bond washed up, retired or whatever.

My bet; Bond comes out of retirement and sorts out the mess that this female 007 character creates. And probably looses his mess up her while he’s at it.

She’ll either end up brown bread after Bond nails her or she’ll end up as Bond’s bint at the end of the film. My money would be on the latter; she’s the scutter that he’s shagging in the final scene of the film. The French squeeze from the last film is in this one, so she’ll be the Bond girl that gets topped.

It’s not as if Bond films are predictable; two main Bond girl roles, both get shagged by Bond. One dies. The other one ends up as Bond’s forever shag. Until the next film.

Occasionally both survive (Licence to Kill)

Mattb

LE
I watched the Dalton Bond films recently; he wasn’t that bad. With only two films, he probably didn’t get enough time to establish himself as Bond. Also, his Bond was a “hard” one, like Connery and Craig. He wasn’t playing for laughs like Moore and Brosnan and his scripts lacked the parody of theirs.

IMHO he would have built Bond very like Craig’s had he had more time. As it was, Eon went for more of the Moore feel with Brosnan. The latter’s films have dated very quickly.
I think Dalton is the most underrated Bond - far better than Moore in my view.

I think Dalton is the most underrated Bond - far better than Moore in my view.
No, I don't mind his films, but I would put them at the bottom after George Lazenby. Lewis Collins should have taken over from Roger Moore. He would have been the best Bond who never was.

No, I don't mind his films, but I would put them at the bottom after George Lazenby. Lewis Collins should have taken over from Roger Moore. He would have been the best Bond who never was.
I don’t think Lewis Collins was ever leading actor material. He never held the lead character in a TV series, let alone held together a big move.

He had good chemistry with Martin Shaw in The Professionals, but his character was rather one-dimensional. Supposedly he blew his Bond audition by being over aggressive.

IMHO Martin Shaw would have been a better Bond than Collins. A far more capable actor who could and did hold down leading roles. Timothy Dalton is / was a far better actor than both.

I don’t think Lewis Collins was ever leading actor material. He never held the lead character in a TV series, let alone held together a big move.

He had good chemistry with Martin Shaw in The Professionals, but his character was rather one-dimensional. Supposedly he blew his Bond audition by being over aggressive.

IMHO Martin Shaw would have been a better Bond than Collins. A far more capable actor who could and did hold down leading roles. Timothy Dalton is / was a far better actor than both.
Blasphemy!

Best running down a corridor shot ever in the history of cinema.

The elephant in the room, is the new Bond going to be a lesbian

That could one thing to keep the ratings high and still be woke

syrup

LE

Or at least Bond will turn up to help her get the Aston out of the car park after 008 & 009 parked too close to her..

Latest Threads