Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Bond - No Time To Die - Release Date:: November 2020 (Update - Release Date Now April 2021)

aardvark64

War Hero
It should be (no-shit, I've been saying this for years and I swear on a stack of calico kittens I'm not taking the piss) Chiwetel Ejiofor. For why, watch "Serenity", or even just clips of his character, "The Operative" when he's on-screen. He is terrifying when he needs to be, can turn on the charm on and off like a switch, and has no hesitation when he needs to kill.

As an example, here's his character introduction:

Yon's a better Bond portrayal in four minutes and twenty-five seconds than the Blond Bint has given in hundreds of hours of movie time. Only things that are missing are the vodka martini and the code name.
He was great in The Martian, too.

It will be John Boyega, I guarantee it. Ticks all the boxes.
Have to agree, John Boyega seems to be the darling of the media at the moment and would be a good candidate for a 'woke' Bond. Has the same wooden acting style...

One of the Clancy novels, 'Without Remorse', has had a central white rose-taupe character re-cast to check the diversity boxes so why not Bond? Would make for some interesting inter-play with the new Moneypenny.

Morning All,
Not related to thread title but from a local 'comic' a few days back.
Screenshot_20200914-144325_Photos.jpg

Mattb

LE
Looks like it might be Tom Hardy - a good choice in my opinion, I thought he wouldn't get it as he's already too big a star, but if true I'm happy. He can do suave and charming, but is absolutely believable as a ruthless killer too - which is how Bond should be.

Bob65

War Hero
Looks like it might be Tom Hardy - a good choice in my opinion, I thought he wouldn't get it as he's already too big a star, but if true I'm happy. He can do suave and charming, but is absolutely believable as a ruthless killer too - which is how Bond should be.

Remind me, is he Bane or Loki?

Bond movies have always been an interest of mine. While I like the Daniel Craig ones, the one thing that never has happened is the Bond theme during the movie. Plenty of spectacular chases, but the music should be John Barry and his guitar, with the villain creaming in on the final ‘twang”.

That said, Spectre has a special place in my memories. During the week before its preview, I was invited to what was probably the social pinnacle of my career. At the time I was in the DC area, working for a UK company that sold interesting technology to interesting people who have their headquarters in and around DC. Being British, UKTI were very helpful in opening doors. Very helpful indeed. During that week, they hosted a Black Tie James Bond-themed reception at a swanky hotel. Astons outside, the female Embassy staff done up like Bond Girls, lots and lots of high-ranking people there. Me included, it seems. I was specifically asked prior to the gig if was able to stay for dinner. Why yes, of course, I’d love to.

As the reception drew to a close, I was taken to one side and ushered into the dining room, where there was a table set for 12. The hotel guy (a Brit) and his wife, the head of the DC Spy Museum (who had provided all kinds of exhibits for the reception), UK Mil Attaché (2*), a couple of C-rank execs from the likes of Northrop and Raytheon, and some other people that I can’t/won’t name, but outranked the 2* by some margin and were entirely appropriate to a James Bond themed dinner. Oh, and a grotty ex-Signals Tech Sgt. A fabulous evening.

I still had a house down in Atlanta at the time and went down there the same week, in time for the movie premiere. Except UKTI in ATL had another reception/bash for it, and even arranged a preview of the movie the day before its release. Thus I saw Spectre the day before it was released. Before the movie, they played a short ad for the DB10. I have to say, it knocked my socks off. I looked at my wife and said “can I have one?” She appeared to have wet knickers when she said “Yes”, judging by her voice. Thus I have a pass to buy an Aston. Just need to find the money. But I will :)

Bond movies have always been an interest of mine. While I like the Daniel Craig ones, the one thing that never has happened is the Bond theme during the movie. Plenty of spectacular chases, but the music should be John Barry and his guitar, with the villain creaming in on the final ‘twang”.

That said, Spectre has a special place in my memories. During the week before its preview, I was invited to what was probably the social pinnacle of my career. At the time I was in the DC area, working for a UK company that sold interesting technology to interesting people who have their headquarters in and around DC. Being British, UKTI were very helpful in opening doors. Very helpful indeed. During that week, they hosted a Black Tie James Bond-themed reception at a swanky hotel. Astons outside, the female Embassy staff done up like Bond Girls, lots and lots of high-ranking people there. Me included, it seems. I was specifically asked prior to the gig if was able to stay for dinner. Why yes, of course, I’d love to.

As the reception drew to a close, I was taken to one side and ushered into the dining room, where there was a table set for 12. The hotel guy (a Brit) and his wife, the head of the DC Spy Museum (who had provided all kinds of exhibits for the reception), UK Mil Attaché (2*), a couple of C-rank execs from the likes of Northrop and Raytheon, and some other people that I can’t/won’t name, but outranked the 2* by some margin and were entirely appropriate to a James Bond themed dinner. Oh, and a grotty ex-Signals Tech Sgt. A fabulous evening.

I still had a house down in Atlanta at the time and went down there the same week, in time for the movie premiere. Except UKTI in ATL had another reception/bash for it, and even arranged a preview of the movie the day before its release. Thus I saw Spectre the day before it was released. Before the movie, they played a short ad for the DB10. I have to say, it knocked my socks off. I looked at my wife and said “can I have one?” She appeared to have wet knickers when she said “Yes”, judging by her voice. Thus I have a pass to buy an Aston. Just need to find the money. But I will :)

That north DC commute can be a right twat, so I've heard.

The spy museum in DC with its nod to some of the agencies located around the area is worth a half day visit if anyone finds themselves at a loose end whilst wandering around. They used to have a decent set of original Bond movie props and gadgets on hand too, including a suitably number plated DB5.

As to THAT car; if you troll around on autotrader, carfax, etc., I hear, that you can find decent below 30K miler DB9's for the mid $30's.

Case in point, $33,999

I'm not sure why this annoys me as much as it does. I have no issue with her being the lead in a spy/action film.

However, Bond as a character is an early middle-aged bloke who smokes, drinks, is unpleasant to women and kills people while making bad jokes. That's the whole point of the film series.

Funnily enough I can't imagine any long standing book or film series where the main character is a black woman being portrayed by a white man.

****, this diversity/BLM shit is making me sound like a racist.

Go woke, go broke.

Apply the basic premise of Bond/007.

Men want to be him, Women want to be with him.

Do women want to be her and will men want to be with her?

I'm not sure why this annoys me as much as it does. I have no issue with her being the lead in a spy/action film.

However, Bond as a character is an early middle-aged bloke who smokes, drinks, is unpleasant to women and kills people while making bad jokes. That's the whole point of the film series.

Funnily enough I can't imagine any long standing book or film series where the main character is a black woman being portrayed by a white man.

Cleopatra Jones waltess.

Truxx

LE

It does not annoy me so much as !aking me terribly sad. Even those who might think the soooo right on must pause for a second and say to themselves hang on, are you sure?

I console myself with the notion of my own mortality, in 20 years time I am very unlikely to know what day it is so it will not matter that the world has gone compleyely and utterly bonkers. I feel for the grandkids though. Perhaps in time they will be saying "what?????!!! 007 has been cast as a white bloke with a bad attitude?"

Latest Threads