James Bond No Time to Die - post-viewing discussion

Back to the fillum. I know Craig is supposed to be a walking advert for Omega watches, but ….. Other than the magnetic exploding eye trick it was not really apparent, and not really identifiable as an Omega.
If you really want a plot hole why didnt it render Bond's earpiece U/S?

Best w.ank in the fillum
Actress-Ana-de-Armas-Is-the-New-Bond-Girl1.jpg

Ooops, I meant the fillum was w.ank.

As for the thread discussion:

I really didn't mind watching it, was it the best Bond film? NO, was it the worst? NO. Did it tick a few boxes? YEP,
but then again I don't let myself get pissed off at woke attempts, it's a thing now, Felix turned black years ago, and box ticking will go on for a lot longer than I survive so the wife and I sit back, make a comment or two and try to enjoy the production.

Film title. No time to Die.
007 went black then back to whitey.
End Cap: James Bond will Return.
Leaves the door open for a miraculous 007 recovery.
Just a thought.

BTW:
Disney+ wanted $24.99 for a fcukking RENTAL.
A 1.7gig copy was found elsewhere for zero moollah lickity split.

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Just out the cinema. My thoughts in brief:

1. Cracking ending. Bond is dead, and so, therefore in my eyes, is the franchise. It's gone out on a high and brought everything to a timely close. I won't bother seeing any new ones with new 007s.

2. Female 007 was shite. Stupid shades, bad acting, immediately irritating. When she handed back the callsign it almost felt like the producers admitting she was shite..she served no ******* purpose whatsoever.

3. Diiiiiid I miss a movie? Where the **** did his missus come from?

4. Rami Malik. Too much like the bloke in Skyfall and seemed like a carbon copy.

5. 163 minutes for a film is too long without a comfort break. Just bring back intermissions for fucksake. If it's good enough for theatre it's good enough for a cinema, especially when the cinemas would really see a much needed boost in high margin snack sales.

All in, I enjoyed it, but felt scrappy at times and a bit wishy washy.

Just out the cinema. My thoughts in brief:

1. Cracking ending. Bond is dead, and so, therefore in my eyes, is the franchise. It's gone out on a high and brought everything to a timely close. I won't bother seeing any new ones with new 007s.

2. Female 007 was shite. Stupid shades, bad acting, immediately irritating. When she handed back the callsign it almost felt like the producers admitting she was shite..she served no ******* purpose whatsoever.

3. Diiiiiid I miss a movie? Where the **** did his missus come from?

4. Rami Malik. Too much like the bloke in Skyfall and seemed like a carbon copy.

5. 163 minutes for a film is too long without a comfort break. Just bring back intermissions for fucksake. If it's good enough for theatre it's good enough for a cinema, especially when the cinemas would really see a much needed boost in high margin snack sales.

All in, I enjoyed it, but felt scrappy at times and a bit wishy washy.

1. Bond will be back. Said so at the end of the fillum. I don't know how that will work as he should have just about been vaporised when the big bangsticks went bang but they'll find a way.

2. In my view that was just a plot device to appease all those that wanted a black/female Bond. Obviously they couldn't call her 'James Bond' so the only way they could get round it was to give the black, female version of an MI6 spy Bond's number, 007 - which they did - until they took it off her again. We've now had a black, female 007 so will everybody now please shut up about it.

3. His missus came from the previous fillum, Spectre.

NSP

LE
I don't know how that will work as he should have just about been vaporised when the big bangsticks went bang but they'll find a way.
It was a secret Soviet sub base - he'll have dived into a special nuclear-resistant personnel shelter built into the wall of the sub pen and in the next movie be seen scrambling out of it and onto the top of the rubble in the opening vignette before the walk-out and pistol shot down the baddies barrel before the latest hip theme song and naked girlies in silhouette right-on non-sexist title sequence starts.

It was a secret Soviet sub base - he'll have dived into a special nuclear-resistant personnel shelter built into the wall of the sub pen and in the next movie be seen scrambling out of it and onto the top of the rubble in the opening vignette before the walk-out and pistol shot down the baddies barrel before the latest hip theme song and naked girlies in silhouette right-on non-sexist title sequence starts.
Nah, he’ll be in a space ship attempting re-entry with another luscious Bond girl.

TamH70

MIA
Nah, he’ll be in a space ship attempting re-entry with another luscious Bond girl.
I didn't know that the explosion at the end of the movie was enuff to blow the Blond Bint into low Earth orbit?

Good drills if so.

TamH70

MIA
Busy thread this one, eh lads?

Anyway.

There's no way to sugarcoat this one, folks "No Time to Die" is a flop at the box office.

Its domestic gross is 160,530,850 dollars, its international gross is 610,574,000 dollars, leaving a worldwide total gross of 771,104,850 dollars. That's a really big number that covers enough to make the production budget, advertising and marketing, plus sitting on a shelf for a calendar year money, or does it?

Well, nope.

As I said on the first page of this thread:

"Let's say for the sake of argument that the makers of the film have been unlucky, and they're only getting 40% of the revenue from all the sources of box office cash. Bing tells me that's $267,596,012 so far. That's nowhere near the production budget. If that ballpark 40% figure holds true throughout the film's tenure at the box office, just to break even, and cover the budget for production, marketing, and sitting on a shelf money, they need the film to make $1.25 billion. (40% of the said sum is $500,000,000, the "if we're being kind" figure I referred to earlier.)

As I said on the other thread, "good luck doing that in a pandemic".

Since the film's been out in the States and Worldwide since October, including all the main markets like China, and as I also said, they may have been unlucky and only got 40% of that total gross in net revenue, they are nowhere near their break-even sum.

They may make some money back in streaming rights, physical media sales, telly licensing for Council Telly over here and the like, but at the box office, where it still really matters as far as Hollywood is concerned, you can stick a fork in it, it's done.

I had not watched Spectre so I did so last night. Good god that was dull, pretty poor even for a Daniel Craig Bond film (can't stand him as Bond, great in other films though).
This afternoon it was No Time to Die. And I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. Even though there were several WTF moments, I did think it was wone of the better Bond films and if they do leave it there, then all is good in my opinion.
Black lass 007 was pretty well done and handing back the number at the end was good.
Liked the gadgets and the odd wise crack here and there, and the nods to previous Bond films was cool.
However watching the bit where he put his naval jumper around his daughters shoulders, and seeing her leave was made even more poignant whilst knowing what happens to him (I had read the spoilers, no way not to).

I cannot see how he could possibly have survived that, and I don't think Bond should. If they keep the franchise going then it has to be a prequel. Bond films are no longer the stand out stunt and blockbuster film they used to be. There are better spy films, better stunts and better films out there. They lost their 'wow' factor years ago.

Maybe a few prequel films set in the 60's or 70's with Henry Cavill as Bond.....might be nice.

Latest Threads