James Blunt: I stopped World War Three

If Gen Jackson hadn't said no, then eventually Jimbo would have done as he was told.

Now whether that was what the Spam was telling him or what his Troop CoH was smashing in to his skull with the TMH of a SA80 and a three round clip of 30mm... who knows :D

He might retaliate with his tank or his guitar :-D or both!
I just bought his third CD.... it's good, but not as good as the first two... I had to drive my daughter home a couple of months ago, from Verona in Italy to St Malo in France, 1000 miles, there were flight problems, and she had control of the ipod connected to the stereo, and for the 14 hours it took I had to enjoy his first two albums repeated many times....
Captain Blount is a hero :-D

He might have been I don't know. I was too busy thinking he looked like an unconvincing transvestite for the jokes to register.
A friend recently commented that he looked like he was born a dolphin and had species reassignment surgery.
I hate his nasal whine, the only good thing he ever did was that triange song on sesame street, I could almost forgive him his sentimental slop for that.

but if you broke him he wouldn't be able to sing to us any more, but more importantly he wouldn't be able to prevent another third world war.

He had a tank!

I thought it was James Shortt who prevented WW3?

Make your mind up, which James was it?

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I like a couple of his tunes, I've even seen him live before he was properly famous, he came across as a bit of a bellend on 'something for the weekend' though. I hear he's of to the 'ghan to entertain the troops soon, so good on him.

I saw him a few years ago in Milan - he did a small public concert and was interviewed for television - the lady interviewing him asked him if it was true he used to be a soldier, and he said yes, a captain... and then she asked him if he'd had a gun, and he replied yes a gun and a tank... then the stupid cow asked him how many people he had killed.... he took it well, and quietly said "it's always better to ask a soldier how many lives he's saved rather than how many people he has killed" - she realised she'd fcuked up badly... then he sang a song and her comments were forgotten... he was ok.

T

trowel

I saw him a few years ago in Milan - he did a small public concert and was interviewed for television - the lady interviewing him asked him if it was true he used to be a soldier, and he said yes, a captain... and then she asked him if he'd had a gun, and he replied yes a gun and a tank... then the stupid cow asked him how many people he had killed.... he took it well, and quietly said "it's always better to ask a soldier how many lives he's saved rather than how many people he has killed" - she realised she'd fcuked up badly... then he sang a song and her comments were forgotten... he was ok.
OK I will accept that you are not the Blunt bloke, but you are without doubt his agent and/or his bum boy.

trowel - his bum boy?

James isn't like that.... he's a hero with a tank and was first into Kosovo, and he had thirty thousand men under him!

I'm not his agent either, but I do like his music :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
philc The Intelligence Cell 146
C The NAAFI Bar 19
miles_gloriosus The Intelligence Cell 170