James Blunt: I stopped World War Three

Brilliant. General Jackson steps in to say "hang on lads, that might be a bit dodgy, let's hang back for a bit" and because James Blunt happened to agree with that point of view, he prevented WW3.
Anyone noticed how he always crops up as someone leading the British Forces in Kosovo, (a column of 30,000 troops in this story) when he was only a Captain? And why is he always driving a tank?

He drove a "tank" rather well around the Top Gear test track... and soon afterwards the Stig came out :)

I like his singing... and if he prevented WW3 then I can live with that :-D

Its a pity he did not fire, then the Russian's would have malleted his tank and I would not have had my ears cauterized by his incessant caterwauling.

Europe aflame, nuclear war, generations of funnly looking kids from the fallout, it would have been worth it.

I think that he fills his lungs with helium gas before singing. I watched him on German Telly last week (Wetten Das?) and he was STILL going on about how he was the first man (Officer) to enter Kosova. FFS

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
He was fairly amusing on I have Got News for You, the other week.

Suitably lowered the tone with his language.

Blunt is a bellend, and a shite singer.
On the plus side, he's given Gareth Hunt a break in the rhyming slang stakes since arriving on the scene.

Not the first time he has come out with Kosovo anecdotes which I personally have great difficulty in relating to reality, wonderful singer as he may be, obviously.

M

Mr_Tigger

He was fairly amusing on I have Got News for You, the other week.

Suitably lowered the tone with his language.
He might have been I don't know. I was too busy thinking he looked like an unconvincing transvestite for the jokes to register.

Someone here must know him? Can he not pop over the Afghan to sort our the Taliban?
There are a couple of threads on here, apparently he was alright for a rodney. Would seach for them, but cannot be arrsed.

How exactly did James Blunt stop the Russians? Did he bore them to death with his insipid, saccharin and utterly shite music? I can't believe Paul Weller felt the need to apologise for stating "rather eat my own shit than duet with James Blunt".

T

trowel

He drove a "tank" rather well around the Top Gear test track... and soon afterwards the Stig came out :)

I like his singing... and if he prevented WW3 then I can live with that :-D
You like his singing? There must be a lughole version of "Spec Savers" for people like you. Find them, use them.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
philc The Intelligence Cell 146
C The NAAFI Bar 19
miles_gloriosus The Intelligence Cell 170