James Blunt: I stopped World War Three

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by carlbcfc, Nov 14, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Brilliant. General Jackson steps in to say "hang on lads, that might be a bit dodgy, let's hang back for a bit" and because James Blunt happened to agree with that point of view, he prevented WW3.
    Anyone noticed how he always crops up as someone leading the British Forces in Kosovo, (a column of 30,000 troops in this story) when he was only a Captain? And why is he always driving a tank?

2. He drove a "tank" rather well around the Top Gear test track... and soon afterwards the Stig came out :)

I like his singing... and if he prevented WW3 then I can live with that :-D

3. He could have just made the Russians flee by singing at them.

4. The kids are wondering why I am laughing at the screen you cnut! :)

5. I love you too.

6. Its a pity he did not fire, then the Russian's would have malleted his tank and I would not have had my ears cauterized by his incessant caterwauling.

Europe aflame, nuclear war, generations of funnly looking kids from the fallout, it would have been worth it.

7. Someone here must know him? Can he not pop over to Afghan to sort out the Taliban?

8. I think that he fills his lungs with helium gas before singing. I watched him on German Telly last week (Wetten Das?) and he was STILL going on about how he was the first man (Officer) to enter Kosova. FFS

9. Blunt is a bellend, and a shite singer.

10. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

He was fairly amusing on I have Got News for You, the other week.

Suitably lowered the tone with his language.

11. On the plus side, he's given Gareth Hunt a break in the rhyming slang stakes since arriving on the scene.

12. Not the first time he has come out with Kosovo anecdotes which I personally have great difficulty in relating to reality, wonderful singer as he may be, obviously.

13. He might have been I don't know. I was too busy thinking he looked like an unconvincing transvestite for the jokes to register.

14. There are a couple of threads on here, apparently he was alright for a rodney. Would seach for them, but cannot be arrsed.