James Blunt concert + meet & greet - UK, Germany or Holland

BFBS

Old-Salt
The BFBS Big Salute auction has two tickets to a James Blunt concert this autumn, plus a meet a greet with James, for auction in aid of Blesma, Combat Stress, Headley Court, St Dunstan's and Veterans Aid.

It can be the UK or European tour date of your choice:

For example:

30th Sept
Amsterdam

UK tour, 3rd - 14th October
Cardiff
Sheffield
Nottingham
Birmingham
Manchester
Glasgow
Aberdeen
Newcastle
London

Or 6 dates in Germany, 17th - 23rd October

See www.bfbs.com/bigsalute for dates and how to bid

Auction stands at £165 at the moment, and closes midday Sun 1th May

BFBS

Old-Salt
Not sure if I'm helping or hindering our cause with this, but just checked and a pair of James Blunt tickets in Germany is 102 euros, with no meet and greet and VIPery, and of course, no money to Forces charities :D

Sod the James Blunt stuff - THERE IS A SIGNED by MICHAEL CAINE ZULU FILM POSTER!!!!!!! Get this across to the SAPPER FORUM AS & AP

:wink:

BFBS

Old-Salt
I'm ahead of you - I put it on Sappers on Monday. They claim not to be very interested, but the bids are doing quite nicely! I have a feeling this is going to be one which goes beserk in the last five minutes before noon BST on Sunday....

BFBS :wink:

BFBS said:
I'm ahead of you - I put it on Sappers on Monday. They claim not to be very interested, but the bids are doing quite nicely! I have a feeling this is going to be one which goes beserk in the last five minutes before noon BST on Sunday....

BFBS :wink:
LYING BARSTEWARDS! I have the Zulu Print on my wall in Sarajevo (framed by my Wife for my birthday a few years ago :wink: as she was a Doctor in Sarajevo throughout the War it is the only piece of Military Memorabilia I am allowed anywhere in the house! 'for now'!) ALL Sappers would want the same on their walls especially a Signed by Michael Caine Zulu Poster!!!

Mr Happy

LE
Nightrained said:
Would it be worth advertising it on a James Blunt forum? I don't think we have to many James Blunt fans on ARRSE.
With the bidding currently at 501 quid and 48 bids I reckon you be wrong, perhaps a case of wishing the situation rather than seeing it..

Either way though its a good point, a quick google on jame blunt+forums gives us 78000 users here: http://forum.jamesblunt.com/index.php and more here http://www.virginradio.co.uk/music/artists/james_blunt/fans/thread/

that could be alerted...

sadly run out of time.

Good thinking. I've now put it on the James Blunt forum Mr Happy suggested.

Whilst on there, I gleaned that there's one ever one meet and greet per concert, so no wonder the bids are sky-rocketing

BFBS

James Blunt tickets + meet & greet just went for £621, and the signed Zulu poster closed at £530.

We raised well over £3000, and there's still a couple of auction items on there.

BFBS

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
philc The Intelligence Cell 146
C The NAAFI Bar 19
miles_gloriosus The Intelligence Cell 170