James Blunt concert + meet & greet - UK, Germany or Holland

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by BFBS, May 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The BFBS Big Salute auction has two tickets to a James Blunt concert this autumn, plus a meet a greet with James, for auction in aid of Blesma, Combat Stress, Headley Court, St Dunstan's and Veterans Aid.

It can be the UK or European tour date of your choice:

For example:

30th Sept

UK tour, 3rd - 14th October

Or 6 dates in Germany, 17th - 23rd October

See www.bfbs.com/bigsalute for dates and how to bid

Auction stands at £165 at the moment, and closes midday Sun 1th May
  2. Not sure if I'm helping or hindering our cause with this, but just checked and a pair of James Blunt tickets in Germany is 102 euros, with no meet and greet and VIPery, and of course, no money to Forces charities :D
  3. Crikey, the current highest bid on this item is over £500 !

4. Sod the James Blunt stuff - THERE IS A SIGNED by MICHAEL CAINE ZULU FILM POSTER!!!!!!! Get this across to the SAPPER FORUM AS & AP

5. I'm ahead of you - I put it on Sappers on Monday. They claim not to be very interested, but the bids are doing quite nicely! I have a feeling this is going to be one which goes beserk in the last five minutes before noon BST on Sunday....

BFBS :wink:
  6. LYING BARSTEWARDS! I have the Zulu Print on my wall in Sarajevo (framed by my Wife for my birthday a few years ago :wink: as she was a Doctor in Sarajevo throughout the War it is the only piece of Military Memorabilia I am allowed anywhere in the house! 'for now'!) ALL Sappers would want the same on their walls especially a Signed by Michael Caine Zulu Poster!!!
  7. Would it be worth advertising it on a James Blunt forum? I don't think we have to many James Blunt fans on ARRSE.
  8. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

With the bidding currently at 501 quid and 48 bids I reckon you be wrong, perhaps a case of wishing the situation rather than seeing it..

Either way though its a good point, a quick google on jame blunt+forums gives us 78000 users here: http://forum.jamesblunt.com/index.php and more here http://www.virginradio.co.uk/music/artists/james_blunt/fans/thread/

that could be alerted...

sadly run out of time.
  9. Good thinking. I've now put it on the James Blunt forum Mr Happy suggested.

Whilst on there, I gleaned that there's one ever one meet and greet per concert, so no wonder the bids are sky-rocketing

10. James Blunt tickets + meet & greet just went for £621, and the signed Zulu poster closed at £530.

We raised well over £3000, and there's still a couple of auction items on there.