JAMCAT

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by cheese, Aug 31, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm after trying to borow a jamcat for some training. Do/ will any units still hold these?

Feel free to PM.

Thanks

2. Some of the TA regiments might mate, although probably not in the Signals regiments - none left you see...

As far as I know, they were taken out of service years ago. Haven't seen one for a long time.

Not very useful, I know.

3. Just wire a electric piano to the radio.

4. Can you point out TA Regiemnts? Signals/ Infantry etc???

Cheers

5. I've been TA RSigs/Inf Sigs and not seen one since early 90's

6. Infantry regiments mate; we used one in the mid nineties but as I say, I haven't seen one for years.

7. Phone 14 Signal Regiment at Brawdy, they may be able to point you in the right direction

8. Cow

Cow LE

Phone the School, they showed us one when I did my class one course (EW part). They may still have it or tell you who you can talk to them about.

9. You do know that all it is does is make funny noises don't you?

from www.milspec.ca/jammers/jamcat.html

A computer with software from the following does that

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGLJ_enDE307DE311&q=sound+generator+software

then just manufacture a cable from your PC to your radio, and you are away.

Push the pressal, you have jamming, let go you do not.

Attach a pressal set for "live mic" and you have continous (attach a toggle switch to the pressal and this can be activated alot easier).

For "simulated look through" get a Siggy on the pressal, and when he hears someone speak, he hits the pressal.

You could even tape record (on the PC) utter garbage and just play it down the net.

Simple.