JAMCAT

Some of the TA regiments might mate, although probably not in the Signals regiments - none left you see...

As far as I know, they were taken out of service years ago. Haven't seen one for a long time.

Not very useful, I know.

Infantry regiments mate; we used one in the mid nineties but as I say, I haven't seen one for years.

F

fozzy

cheese said:
I'm after trying to borow a jamcat for some training. Do/ will any units still hold these?

Feel free to PM.

Thanks
Phone 14 Signal Regiment at Brawdy, they may be able to point you in the right direction

Phone the School, they showed us one when I did my class one course (EW part). They may still have it or tell you who you can talk to them about.

You do know that all it is does is make funny noises don't you?

The JAMCAT is an Electronic Warfare attachment designed to be used with any combat net radio thus transforming any communications equipment into an EW jammer. The JAMCAT includes 4 modes of operation. In the manual mode, the push-to-talk switch on the handset is pressed to key the transmitter and produce jamming signals on operator demand. In the continuous mode, signals are produced without operator intervention. In the responsive mode, an internal signal activated switch is used to key the transmitter for a short period of time when an incoming signal is detected during the look-through period (look-through mode). In the simulated fast look-through mode, the JAMCAT simulated the effect of a fast look-through responsive jammer.

Modulation sources for the JAMCAT include:
White Noise, Random Tones, 1kHz Sinewave, 500Hz Squarewave and an External audio input/output.
from www.milspec.ca/jammers/jamcat.html

A computer with software from the following does that

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sour...4GGLJ_enDE307DE311&q=sound+generator+software

then just manufacture a cable from your PC to your radio, and you are away.

Push the pressal, you have jamming, let go you do not.

Attach a pressal set for "live mic" and you have continous (attach a toggle switch to the pressal and this can be activated alot easier).

For "simulated look through" get a Siggy on the pressal, and when he hears someone speak, he hits the pressal.

You could even tape record (on the PC) utter garbage and just play it down the net.

Simple.

Latest Threads