Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jamaicans deported after appeals fail... condemned by NAOMI CAMPBELL!!!

I'm all for people being able to complain and fight for the underdog to prevent miscarriages of justice and all that.

But it must be tempered.

If you want to campaign and have a deportee taken off a plane, you must put your money where your mouth is and take responsibility for your charge.

ie all these woke celebs and legal types should be liable for the post deportation activities of the focus of their benevolence. And to a lesser degree anything that comes to light after the fact but conducted prior to.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm all for people being able to complain and fight for the underdog to prevent miscarriages of justice and all that.

But it must be tempered.

If you want to campaign and have a deportee taken off a plane, you must put your money where your mouth is and take responsibility for your charge.

ie all these woke celebs and legal types should be liable for the post deportation activities of the focus of their benevolence. And to a lesser degree anything that comes to light after the fact but conducted prior to.
I'd suggest that by the time said individuals are being put onto an aircraft a fairly lengthy legal process has already taken place.

This has nothing to do whatsoever with law. These are criminals and they have broken the law - in some cases repeatedly and seriously.

But, in the twisted logic that prevails, that doesn't matter nearly as much as skin colour. To be removing these people because they are non-white is 'racist'.

The word has lost all value in this context.

If he turns out to murder somebody, then you will be sharing a cell with him, since you campaigned for him to stay.
Yes, I like the sound of forcing those with no skin in the game to be held accountable for their beliefs.

I am of the opinion that if you come to this country and commit a crime, then if you are found guilty then you are back on a plane to country of origin. Don't care the excuse, you do not abuse our hospitality.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
If he turns out to murder somebody, then you will be sharing a cell with him, since you campaigned for him to stay.
Yes, I like the sound of forcing those with no skin in the game to be held accountable for their beliefs.
I just marvel - see my first comment on this thread - at how some people feel qualified to comment with authority on complex matters about which they know nothing, merely because of who they are.

Campbell made her money, the bulk of it, modelling. Along the way, she acquired herself something of a reputation as a spoilt child. Oh, and some blood diamonds.

There's nothing in anything that I know of her which inspires me on - well, pretty much any level. That's based purely on personality, nothing else. I may be wrong. She may've done great things of which I'm unaware, in which someone please rush to educate me.

Suddenly, though, she feels she has a voice in this. Why?

I seem to recall several years ago that the UK invested quite a substantial volume of millions in the Jamaican prison system, the argument being at the time, the prisons weren't fit for purpose. UK lawyers had won several cases for villains, mostly illegal 'Yardies' who couldn't be returned to such an environment.
I had a former Jamaican Police Sergeant in my Squadron in the early noughties. When I found out he used to be a Peeler we got talking about it. I asked him if he’d arrested people who were now over here in the Forces, he said quite categorically that there was convicted rapists, people wanted for attempted murder and at least one wanted for murder, serving in the British Army. All had escaped custody or prison and had hoofed it over to the UK to join up

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I just marvel - see my first comment on this thread - at how some people feel qualified to comment with authority on complex matters about which they know nothing, merely because of who they are.

Campbell made her money, the bulk of it, modelling. Along the way, she acquired herself something of a reputation as a spoilt child. Oh, and some blood diamonds.

There's nothing in anything that I know of her which inspires me on - well, pretty much any level. That's based purely on personality, nothing else. I may be wrong. She may've done great things of which I'm unaware, in which someone please rush to educate me.

Suddenly, though, she feels she has a voice in this. Why?
Why? Probably find it was someone in the meedya that contacted her and asked "What do you think?"

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
And again, why? Does Elle MacPherson get a call every time the press want to discuss Australia's immigration policy?

Same applies.
'cos the meedya don't care on the qualificàion to comment just the celebrity factor. And as for Elle, I would not be in the least surprised if she would get a call under similar circs but have the decency to tell then to foxtrot oscar.

jmb3296

War Hero

i seem to recall those springing for St Julian of Assagnes bail howling with outrage and going to court to try and get their largesse back after he decided to move into the embassy.

I think The principle of skin in the game is a good one

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
'cos the meedya don't care on the qualificàion to comment just the celebrity factor. And as for Elle, I would not be in the least surprised if she would get a call under similar circs but have the decency to tell then to foxtrot oscar.
Erm, why? On account of being a famous white person/Australian? Why the bloody hell should she have any more knowledge than - well, frankly, just about anyone else?*

Naomi Campbell is no more qualified than I am to comment on this.

*Apologies to the good lady if she is indeed an expert in such matters.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Erm, why? On account of being a famous white person/Australian? Why the bloody hell should she have any more knowledge than - well, frankly, just about anyone else?*

Don't ask me, ask the meedia who keep reporting these nonentities.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Here you go - contact details for the Mail and you can ask them why they quote celebrities with no apparent qualification to add to any debate

Northcliffe House
2 Derry Street London W8 5TT
United Kingdom

+44 20 7938 6000

Latest Threads