Jailing for sick jokes on Facebook?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Comments posted on October 3rd & 4th.
Convicted on October 8th.

Who says justice is slow in this country?:roll:
It all depends on your ethnic persuasion and if you can get the right Legal Aid lawyers ;-)

M

Mr_Tigger

I miss free speech.

All hail his Tonyness. (Peace and blessings be upon him forever and ever amen.)

should say something about 'free speach' and all that, but I'm too busy deleting posts.....

digital-dave.jpg

L

lumpy2

I like to think I have a sense of humour, but why does one need to make "jokes" about murdered children? Surely there are plenty of other outlets for humour?

Personally, I'm glad this prick got jailed if only for being stupid enough to post offensive comments on a public forum instead of confining them to his mates down the pub.

But what do I know?

But what do I know?
**** all, if you seriously think anyone should go to jail for telling shit jokes on a website where anyone who doesn't like it can defriend him, block his posts and report his account to Faceache for being 'offensive' if they wish to.

When pretty serious physical assaults don't get a jail term but saying nasty things on the internet does then there is something seriously wrong with the justice system in the this country.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
What murdered child? She hasn't been found yet, so it's only mass speculation!

This is ******* pathetic. 3 month custodial sentence? You get less than that for all sorts. Lets face it, damn near every one of us has made a maddy joke.
They say jails are full and yet this is worthy? **** off.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
**** all, if you seriously think anyone should go to jail for telling shit jokes on a website where anyone who doesn't like it can defriend him, block his posts and report his account to Faceache for being 'offensive' if they wish to.

When pretty serious physical assaults don't get a jail term but saying nasty things on the internet does then there is something seriously wrong with the justice system in the this country.
But it takes ?eight years to deports Abu hamza? Their shouldn't even have been a punishment, why ruin a young lads life because he's posted shit jokes.

M

Mr_Tigger

So lumpy who do you think is the appropriate arbitrator of speech? A court's legitimacy is derived from its status enforcing the democratically legislated will of governments. In the UK those government often command the support of many fewer than 50% of the enfranchised citizenry. Free speech is not about protecting popular speech The question is: Should your neighbour get to edit what comes out of your mouth. 476 posts mate, I bet I could find something to take issue with.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
This is ******* pathetic. 3 month custodial sentence? You get less than that for all sorts. Lets face it, damn near every one of us has made a maddy joke.
They say jails are full and yet this is worthy? **** off.
So a prison place costs £40k per year so it's cost us £10K plus legal costs, are we really so outraged? It really is time big brother stopped watching us.