Jailed for Racial Abuse .....

#1
OK, it's not very nice, but does it actually warrant a prison sentence?


"A FOOTBALL fan who racially abused his own Premiership side's goalkeeper was yesterday jailed for six months and banned from matches in England and Wales for seven years.

Portsmouth supporter Stephen Marsh, 43, and his 22-year-old son, also called Stephen, taunted Shaka Hislop during Pompey's 2-0 win over Manchester United on October 30.

A court heard chants included "Sort it out, you lazy black c*** Hislop" and "Useless black b*****d".

An off-duty policeman who was at the home game with 30 youngsters was stunned. And when an adult in his party complained to the pair, he was threatened with violence.

The Marsh pair - both from Portsmouth - earlier admitted racially aggravated public disorder and affray. Marsh snr was jailed for the threats.

District Judge John Woollard told him at Portsmouth magistrates court: "Your behaviour was totally unacceptable."

His son will be sentenced next month."
 

ugly

LE
Moderator
#3
Awol said:
If the word had been 'ginger' and not 'black' no action would have been taken, so what does that tell us?
That even the plod hate ginger t*ssers?
 
#4
Right, at a time when they're not always jailing burglars, and instead say that they are sorry, they send a guy to the nick for saying some words...

Glad to see that the British legal system has got its priorities sorted then! :evil:
 
E

error_unknown

Guest
#5
Awol said:
If the word had been 'ginger' and not 'black' no action would have been taken, so what does that tell us?
That you can't tell the difference between an ethnic group and a hair colour.
 

ugly

LE
Moderator
#6
chickenpunk said:
Awol said:
If the word had been 'ginger' and not 'black' no action would have been taken, so what does that tell us?
That you can't tell the difference between an ethnic group and a hair colour.
Not unless we let them breed (gingers that is). It is all discrimination unless you're welsh and then its sport!
 
#8
chickenpunk said:
Awol said:
If the word had been 'ginger' and not 'black' no action would have been taken, so what does that tell us?
That you can't tell the difference between an ethnic group and a hair colour.
Some believe that prejudice should be based on someone's actions, not their appearance.
 
#9
Awol said:
If the word had been 'ginger' and not 'black' no action would have been taken, so what does that tell us?
I've never seen a Ginger person - but I'm sure I wouldn't like them either...whoops, it's off to jail for me then!?
 
#10
eve1962 said:
A court heard chants included "Sort it out, you lazy black c*** Hislop" and "Useless black b*****d".

An off-duty policeman who was at the home game with 30 youngsters was stunned. And when an adult in his party complained to the pair, he was threatened with violence.
Dunno about the length of the sentence, but the saying "those who can't hear must feel" is appropriate here.
 

ugly

LE
Moderator
#11
Ok so he was over the top and I dont consider myself to be racist but when I grew up love thy neighbour was a tv hit! I remember Depot RSM's calling crow "you Black C*nt! but they called everyone a C8nt if they needed it scottish welsh(sheep Sh*gger) etc he honestly hated all of us C8nts for infecting his drill square! Did I resent it? No but being a thick Cornish C8nt is probably less offensive as I was born in Lancs & thought it a privelige to be called cornish then.
I guess society has changed and being a black is something a man can be proud of?
 
#12
Totally different situations ugly although can see what you mean. Somehow I don't think the pompey supporters were shouting it as a term of endearment or for the comment to be directed at any one other than the black player they were shouting at, and it wasn't to motivate either. :p
 

ugly

LE
Moderator
#13
Good job the United keepr was a white bloke then if thats how they treat thier own!
 
#14
ugly said:
Good job the United keepr was a white bloke then if thats how they treat thier own!
Exactly! Shaka is a bloody nice bloke. Man Utds keeper is a thick, tarmac laying, paddy.
 

ugly

LE
Moderator
#15
far2young2die said:
ugly said:
Good job the United keepr was a white bloke then if thats how they treat thier own!
Exactly! Shaka is a bloody nice bloke. Man Utds keeper is a thick, tarmac laying, paddy.
And as for that Carrol?
 
#17
No Im not a racist either, but once a year I like to cause problems at the BBC!

Just write or email them, asking for a white only radio station, playing white only music, for white people, and if they refuse then ask them to remove any black stations for black people.

They normally refuse to answer my emails.......... :)
 
#18
eve1962 said:
OK, it's not very nice, but does it actually warrant a prison sentence?


"A FOOTBALL fan who racially abused his own Premiership side's goalkeeper was yesterday jailed for six months and banned from matches in England and Wales for seven years......."

And six months at that???

Knew a bloke about 4 years back who got six months (but not a seven year ban) for robbing a local Post Office. Went in and scared the crap out of the old girl at the counter. Pretty intimidating bloke, too. The judge told him how naughty he's been but gave him credit for not being armed, and for seeking treatment for his drug addiction. I know which sort of behaviour I find more "totally unacceptable".

Still, there was a happy ending.... after release he managed to give himself gangrene shooting up in his leg. Obviously, being on license didn't exactly rush to the doctors about it and by the time he did, whole leg was pretty bad & it had spread to his crotch. They DID save the leg with a lot of effort, but both balls went. One less for the gene pool :twisted:
 
#19
Tango34_UK said:
No Im not a racist either, but once a year I like to cause problems at the BBC!

Just write or email them, asking for a white only radio station, playing white only music, for white people, and if they refuse then ask them to remove any black stations for black people.

They normally refuse to answer my emails.......... :)
Listen to Radio 2, 3, 4 & 7 <shudders> I could go on, but don't think you're causing a problem there :D
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top