Jailed for Racial Abuse .....

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by eve1962, Jan 21, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. OK, it's not very nice, but does it actually warrant a prison sentence?

"A FOOTBALL fan who racially abused his own Premiership side's goalkeeper was yesterday jailed for six months and banned from matches in England and Wales for seven years.

Portsmouth supporter Stephen Marsh, 43, and his 22-year-old son, also called Stephen, taunted Shaka Hislop during Pompey's 2-0 win over Manchester United on October 30.

A court heard chants included "Sort it out, you lazy black c*** Hislop" and "Useless black b*****d".

An off-duty policeman who was at the home game with 30 youngsters was stunned. And when an adult in his party complained to the pair, he was threatened with violence.

The Marsh pair - both from Portsmouth - earlier admitted racially aggravated public disorder and affray. Marsh snr was jailed for the threats.

District Judge John Woollard told him at Portsmouth magistrates court: "Your behaviour was totally unacceptable."

His son will be sentenced next month."
  2. If the word had been 'ginger' and not 'black' no action would have been taken, so what does that tell us?
  3. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

That even the plod hate ginger t*ssers?
  4. Right, at a time when they're not always jailing burglars, and instead say that they are sorry, they send a guy to the nick for saying some words...

Glad to see that the British legal system has got its priorities sorted then! :evil:
  5. That you can't tell the difference between an ethnic group and a hair colour.
  6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Not unless we let them breed (gingers that is). It is all discrimination unless you're welsh and then its sport!
  7. I heard the 6 months was for being a skate, the match bans were for the abusive comments.

:wink: :p
  8. Some believe that prejudice should be based on someone's actions, not their appearance.
  9. I've never seen a Ginger person - but I'm sure I wouldn't like them either...whoops, it's off to jail for me then!?
  10. Dunno about the length of the sentence, but the saying "those who can't hear must feel" is appropriate here.
  11. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Ok so he was over the top and I dont consider myself to be racist but when I grew up love thy neighbour was a tv hit! I remember Depot RSM's calling crow "you Black C*nt! but they called everyone a C8nt if they needed it scottish welsh(sheep Sh*gger) etc he honestly hated all of us C8nts for infecting his drill square! Did I resent it? No but being a thick Cornish C8nt is probably less offensive as I was born in Lancs & thought it a privelige to be called cornish then.
    I guess society has changed and being a black is something a man can be proud of?
  12. Totally different situations ugly although can see what you mean. Somehow I don't think the pompey supporters were shouting it as a term of endearment or for the comment to be directed at any one other than the black player they were shouting at, and it wasn't to motivate either. :p
  13. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Good job the United keepr was a white bloke then if thats how they treat thier own!
  14. Exactly! Shaka is a bloody nice bloke. Man Utds keeper is a thick, tarmac laying, paddy.
  15. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

And as for that Carrol?