JAFLAS Alan Blacker - He's Back

Aphra

War Hero
Both of those hero types that I have met were very modest, almost bashful in fact.
A mate of mine has a copy of that book, I can't even find the title at the moment!
Leave it with me, it will be in a library somewhere.
I've posted elsewhere about having been seated beside an elderly chap at a DLI Association dinner at which I was a guest. This utterly charming if rather deaf chap engaged me in a wide-ranging and interesting conversation during the meal where he learned far more about me than I did about him. I found out who he was when a toast to him was made after the food at the start of the speeches but until I later researched him, I didn't know exactly what he'd done. Just as well, because I probably would have made a fool of myself fangirling all over him. I give you Richard Annand VC:

Aphra

War Hero
**** Paul Bowhill, he should get this chap on board. Blog | Steven Windmill
What a fascinating career he's apparently had. I can't comment on his military service but I was an accredited assessor and internal auditor for Investors in People for a large public sector organisation for 20+ years and, despite him having 'Project managed the deployment of Investors in People for UK Ministers', I've never heard of him even though I was involved in the scheme at a national level. My loss, clearly.