• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Jade Goody website 'troll' from Manchester jailed

I was going to put this in the NEWS forum, but figured the NAAFI would probably be more in keeping...

(p.s. extra points for anybody who can identify which ARRSEr is going to be not posting for the next 9 weeks, assuming time off for good behaviour)

An "internet troll" who posted obscene messages on Facebook sites set up in memory of dead people has been jailed.

Colm Coss, of Ardwick, Manchester, posted on a memorial page for Big Brother star Jade Goody and a tribute site to John Paul Massey, a Liverpool boy mauled to death by a dog.

The 36-year-old "preyed on bereaved families" for his "own pleasure", Manchester Magistrates Court heard.

He was jailed for 18 weeks for sending "malicious communications".

The posts included comments claiming he had had sex with the victims' dead bodies, the court heard.
Continue reading the main story
“Start Quote

We know you gained pleasure and you aren't sorry for what you did”

End Quote Pauline Salisbury Chair of the bench
Mental health

He was charged under the Communications Act 2003, for sending malicious communications that were grossly offensive.

Unemployed Coss was only caught when he sent residents on his street photos of himself saying he was an internet "troll".

One of the residents passed the photos to police who interviewed him before he eventually admitted to posting abusive messages.

The term "troll" was described in court as someone who creates new identities on Facebook accounts and then posts numerous offensive comments to upset or provoke a reaction from others.

Chairwoman of the bench Pauline Salisbury said: "You preyed on bereaved families who were suffering trauma and anxiety.

"We know you gained pleasure and you aren't sorry for what you did."

The defence raised possible mental health issues but they were dismissed by the bench.
BBC News - Jade Goody website 'troll' from Manchester jailed

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
I'll be a good boy from now on, honest guv. I never had anything to do with any dead chav's facebook memorial page and I know nothing about Nissan Micra's.

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
I'll be a good boy from now on, honest guv. I never had anything to do with any dead chav's facebook memorial page and I know nothing about Nissan Micra's.
You're not typing that from your cell after being given a good telling off by Mr Big in the shower block then . . . . of course not, you'd still be in there!

1. He's unemployed, and yet he can afford to have internet access. Feck, arse, what's the country coming to, etc.

2. Jade Goody's family have decided that the best way to deal with their daughter's death is by being perpetual grief whores on Facebook. They deserve everything they get.

I was going to put this in the NEWS forum, but figured the NAAFI would probably be more in keeping...

(p.s. extra points for anybody who can identify which ARRSEr is going to be not posting for the next 9 weeks, assuming time off for good behaviour)

What's bad about praising the big 'c' ? It wipes out some right knobs and keeps a lid on the population of Glasgow. Dogs get it as well, but they don't cycle from John o groats to lands end or appear on this morning with a garish bandana wrapped round their skeletal heads ....

1. He's unemployed, and yet he can afford to have internet access. Feck, arse, what's the country coming to, etc.
To avoid "social cleansing", "the final solution for the poor" and, I kid you not, "the end of civilization", he social's paying £2,000 a week to rent him a house with a 3 car garage and swimming pool next door to Wayne and Coleen. Wouldn't you expect the landlord to throw in free broadband for that kind of money?

BBC News - Jade Goody website 'troll' from Manchester jailed
So you can be jailed for offending the family of a dead person? Forgive me if I turn this into a Maggie love/hate thread, but where does that leave all the folk who are constantly espousing a street party when Baroness Thatcher dies?

Just as an aside, cheers for the educational avatar JRIII, I did mean to go to get the old prostate checked but I reckon with this handy drawing I can have a shufty myself.

The 36-year-old "preyed on bereaved families" for his "own pleasure"

LIES! The rest of us took pleasure in it as well, we wallowed in it. He's been scapegoated, he's a political prisoner! Colm, stick it to The Man! Re-plaster your cell with shit, go on hunger strike so you can be force-fed and starve to death anyway!

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
Well I am fucking glad they didn't trace me after that gang member (braaaap braaaap) got slotted.

Although seeing it on Sky was quite amusing.

Just as an aside, cheers for the educational avatar JRIII, I did mean to go to get the old prostate checked but I reckon with this handy drawing I can have a shufty myself.
Anytime, for a true result get a slim fingered woman or barely pubescent teenager to conduct it whilst your on all fours in the bath.

Latest Threads