jacqui smith PROVED to be a liar

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
and also, by extension, guilty of fraud -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...main-residence-house-claimed-SECOND-home.html

'The property on which she has claimed thousands of pounds in second homes allowance is actually her primary residence for tax purposes, it was revealed.

The Home Secretary has pocketed £84,000 of taxpayers' money on the home she shares with her husband, Richard Timney, and their two children in Redditch, her West Midlands constituency.

That was only possible because she persuaded the House of Commons authorities that her main home is actually her sister's spare bedroom in London, where she lodges during the week.
But after a freedom of information request, Redditch council has confirmed that Miss Smith pays council
tax as if the £300,000 constituency house was her main home.'

so all the time she insisted that was her second home...she was telling porkies. well I never.

chimera said:
Interesting that Pravda (aka the BBC) hasn't picked this one up
They are in Labour's pocket. Once you could rely on the BBC to be impartial and truthful, since the grinning lying twat Blair took power, the BBC has become ZANU Labours mouthpiece.

If any one of us had done that we would be up on criminal charges.
I wonder if the Court of Public Opinion will be asked for a verdict on ths one?

From the Daily Hate

But after a freedom of information request, Redditch council has confirmed that Miss Smith pays council
tax as if the £300,000 constituency house was her main home.
and

Under council tax rules sent to residents in Redditch, homeowners can claim a 25 per cent council tax discount if 'there is only one adult living in the property as their main home'.
As I understand it, the Daily Hate claim that the Reddich home is her main residence because she has not claimed a reduction in Council Tax.

I think they are a missing a piece of the jigsaw here, namely, what is the status of her paying council tax on her sister's home? (Ignoring the obvious statement by Smith's office)

.............. neither she nor her sister claims a council tax reduction in London.
If she pays full council tax whilst living with her sister, then all she is guilty of is failing to claim something (ie. a reduction on her bill for the house in Reddich). If she or her sister are claiming a reduction on her sister's house, then she is bang to rights.

I despise the fat trout, but if she is to be put on trial for fraud, misleading Daily Hate articles are not the way to do it.

"HTF did she ever get any level of security clearance with this in her background???? "

Ministers don't get a DV in the way us mere mortals do. Its assumed that they can see the information without prior clearance!

Bonzo_Dog said:
From the Daily Hate

tax as if the £300,000 constituency house was her main home.
and

Under council tax rules sent to residents in Redditch, homeowners can claim a 25 per cent council tax discount if 'there is only one adult living in the property as their main home'.
As I understand it, the Daily Hate claim that the Reddich home is her main residence because she has not claimed a reduction in Council Tax.

I think they are a missing a piece of the jigsaw here, namely, what is the status of her paying council tax on her sister's home? (Ignoring the obvious statement by Smith's office)

.............. neither she nor her sister claims a council tax reduction in London.
If she pays full council tax whilst living with her sister, then all she is guilty of is failing to claim something (ie. a reduction on her bill for the house in Reddich). If she or her sister are claiming a reduction on her sister's house, then she is bang to rights.

I despise the fat trout, but if she is to be put on trial for fraud, misleading Daily Hate articles are not the way to do it.
Damn! I hope that this one nails her BUT; justice must be done: even to fat trouts! LOL :wink:

Claiming the 25% reduction is not mandatory, so the Hate is on dodgy ground here, I'd suggest, if only the Council Tax angle is being used to attack her.

I braved her website, complete with photos (God, my eyes! My eyes!) to see if either of her kiddies was over 18, thus making the reduction impossible anyway. Amusingly, her home page says:

Jacqui grew up in Malvern, Worcestershire before moving to Redditch in 1986. She still lives in Redditch with husband, Richard and sons James (13) and Michael (8).
Surely that should read 'She still lives in Redditch when able to return to her constituency from her main home in London'? :?

In any event, all she appears 'guilty' of here is not claiming a reduction to which she is entitled. I wouldn't mind betting that, just to prove a point, the application for a reduction (overlooked) goes in, thus meaning that the Mail story will, in the end, help her to 'prove' that her main abode is in London, as she's always claimed...

Bonzo_Dog said:
In truth, I couldn't care less what the Daily Mail has to say about the bitch. The fact remains that she has claimed tens of thousands of our money in very dubious circumstances.
It should be investigated thoroughly by a truely indepedent organisation (not that there are any left) and any wrong doing severely punished,

Not gonna happen thoough is it?