jacqui smith PROVED to be a liar

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by maguire, May 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

and also, by extension, guilty of fraud -

'The property on which she has claimed thousands of pounds in second homes allowance is actually her primary residence for tax purposes, it was revealed.

The Home Secretary has pocketed £84,000 of taxpayers' money on the home she shares with her husband, Richard Timney, and their two children in Redditch, her West Midlands constituency.

That was only possible because she persuaded the House of Commons authorities that her main home is actually her sister's spare bedroom in London, where she lodges during the week.
    But after a freedom of information request, Redditch council has confirmed that Miss Smith pays council
    tax as if the £300,000 constituency house was her main home.'

so all the time she insisted that was her second home...she was telling porkies. well I never.
  2. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

Interesting that Pravda (aka the BBC) hasn't picked this one up
  3. The sooner ZANU Labour are removed the better. Smith should face criminal charges.
  4. In other news: The Pope PROVED to be Catholic.
  5. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

Any odds on her going out the door this week?
  6. They are in Labour's pocket. Once you could rely on the BBC to be impartial and truthful, since the grinning lying twat Blair took power, the BBC has become ZANU Labours mouthpiece.
  7. She'll go in the next reshuffle but sadly not before.
  8. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Should be the last door she can walk through on the way to the nick...
  9. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

alright, fair one. :oops:
  10. HTF did she ever get any level of security clearance with this in her background????
  11. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Obviously the same muppets that believed her primary home is in her sisters spare bedroom :roll:
  12. If any one of us had done that we would be up on criminal charges.
    I wonder if the Court of Public Opinion will be asked for a verdict on ths one?
  13. Quite! One wonders whether this needs to go deeper... Any whistleblowing spooks reading this????? :twisted:
  14. From the Daily Hate

As I understand it, the Daily Hate claim that the Reddich home is her main residence because she has not claimed a reduction in Council Tax.

I think they are a missing a piece of the jigsaw here, namely, what is the status of her paying council tax on her sister's home? (Ignoring the obvious statement by Smith's office)

If she pays full council tax whilst living with her sister, then all she is guilty of is failing to claim something (ie. a reduction on her bill for the house in Reddich). If she or her sister are claiming a reduction on her sister's house, then she is bang to rights.

I despise the fat trout, but if she is to be put on trial for fraud, misleading Daily Hate articles are not the way to do it.
  15. "HTF did she ever get any level of security clearance with this in her background???? "

Ministers don't get a DV in the way us mere mortals do. Its assumed that they can see the information without prior clearance!