Builds Jacques Yves Cousteau's Calypso 1/125th scale Ocean Exploration Vessel

You may find some inspiration from this film...

Cracking film with some great actors...

...and the crew wear red hats like Cousteau :)
I thought it was intended to satirise M. Cousteau; I'm sure I read an article somewhere which expressed the same opinion.
Some if it is cruel.

I thought it was intended to satirise M. Cousteau; I'm sure I read an article somewhere which expressed the same opinion.
Some if it is cruel.

I thought it was very funny, but then I liked most of the Wes Anderson films I have seen. I have several on DVD, includng this one...

having made up the glass case, it's covering a plain blue base, but I think I have available a way to jaz it up a bit. With the kit came a small booklet with some tiny pictures from the telly series.
glass and bare card base.jpg

I have no need for the booklet, and I was going to throw it away with the kit box and empty sprues, but it made up a great collage for the base giving a flavour of the TV series.
sorting the picture base b.jpg

here's a couple of detail shots of it in place.
fitted glass case detail b.jpg

fitted glass case detail a.jpg

I think it looks ok, better than a plain blue base.
fitted glass case detail c.jpg

Slime

LE
As using PVA glue has been mentioned for gap filling:
I don’t know what brand(s) of PVA glue you use, but Titebond do a wide range of wood glues, including Titebond quick and thick which is less viscose than normal PVA so excellent for gap filling.

As using PVA glue has been mentioned for gap filling:
I don’t know what brand(s) of PVA glue you use, but Titebond do a wide range of wood glues, including Titebond quick and thick which is less viscose than normal PVA so excellent for gap filling.
nice tip, that belongs in our hints tips and ideas pages.

Latest Threads