Jack Idema, Super Patriots and Operation Anaconda.

I read something about these guys in Afghanistan a while back.

From what I remember, they were civilians who decided off their own bat to go to Afghanistan and do the whole private army thing.

Does anyone know anything more about about them?

Take a look at this rather unusual website, and see what you think.

http://www.superpatriots.us/

http://www.superpatriots.us/jack/jackandthesas.htm

T_T

Is this anything to do with Gen. Jack D. Ripper, "purity of essence" and "precious bodily fluids"? 8O 8O 8O

(Take a look at the film Dr Strangelove if you're not sure what I'm getting at.)

SLR

SLR, you get yourself another accout to loose the O2 tag?

I think SelfLoadingRifle and SLRBoy are two different people. Seems that mong SLRBoy has had his O2 thief tag removed!

Idema is an outed walt. He used to be a parachute rigger for USSF but never in SF. He used that association to create all sorts of tales.

Idema is an outed walt. He used to be a parachute rigger for USSF but never in SF. He used that association to create all sorts of tales.
Jack Idema has just died. He was found dead in Mexico and the rumour is that it was AIDS wot got him.

Bloody strange bloke and his mates were even more weird.

End of an era. Can't help feeling a tiny bit sorry for the silly old walt.

Jack Idema, jailed for torturing Afghans, reportedly dies in Mexico - Wire - Lifestyle - bellinghamherald.com 25 January 2012

Jonathan Keith "Jack" Idema, the con man extraordinaire from Fayetteville who spent years in an Afghan prison for running a private jail and torture chamber while claiming to be a secret Pentagon operative, has reportedly died in Mexico.

His death at age 55 marks the end of perhaps the most colorful, unpleasant and self-dramatizing character to tread North Carolina soil since Blackbeard.

Idema was a former soldier who reinvented himself repeatedly as he ran cons from Fayetteville, N.C. to Uzbekistan. At various times he claimed to be a businessman, author, “superpatriot” terrorist hunter, drug and gun smuggler, bodyguard, security consultant, CIA paramilitary operator, Pentagon-backed special operator and, finally, charter boat captain.

The cause of death was complications from AIDS
... continues