Jack: A Soldiers Story

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by jack-daniels, Oct 7, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just noticed this in the listings for BBC 3 tonight, following on from the Panorama programme about the Grens in Afghanistan last year they catch up with Jack Mizon:

Nice that they can tuck this away on a 'lesser' channel and show that 'Undercover Soldier' shite on BBC 1.
  2. I'm not so sure this will be such a good idea on a prime time channel mate.

Following on from the BAFTA-shortlisted Panorama programme Taking on the Taliban, Ben Anderson catches up with 24-year-old Lance Corporal Jack Mizon of the Queen's Company, Grenadier Guards.

Mizon was a hero in Aghanistan, in the thick of some of the fiercest fighting that left two of his fellow soldiers dead and many more seriously wounded. He was honoured for his bravery, but back home in the UK he is struggling to readjust to civilian life and has become involved in frequent fights near his Aldershot barracks.

Anderson followed his exploits for two months in Afghanistan and then back home as Jack is charged with assault and GBH, stripped of his rank and facing the prospect of four years in a civilian prison.
  3. I'll be watching. Didn't watch last years Panorama episode though :(
  4. I'll be watching. Didnt see the Panorama thing either, might see if youtube is my friend...
  5. Why are you so surprised, this subject is of great interes to the likes of you and I but the vast majority of the public have no concept of life in the forces and therefore no interest in un-sung heroes who quietly go about thier daily lives and in this case struggling to cope.I agree that it should be aired on the main channels as it is public information if you like and should be brought into the main stream but unfortunately as realists we know 'Eastenders/Corrie' is much more interesting as no-one wants 'real' life thrust into thier un-caring faces.
  6. TheHatsRevenge summed it up in a nutshell, unless they are serving, ex military or have a relative in that sort of situation, the average civvie does not give a flying rats @ss.

Unless it's in their face it it is of no concern to them.

Perhaps it should be compulsory viewing for every MP and MOD pen-pusher, but I suspect they will be far to busy propping up the commons bar.
  7. Right then it's about to start, let's see if it's full of shite like undercover soldier.
  8. Just going through the channels and noticed this.

Thought I'd check whether it had been mentioned. :)
  9. I don't think I could have logged into ARRSE at a more opportune time. I needed something to keep me entertained, this show will meet that criteria 100%. I saw the first show so Ill be watching this too, glad I didn't miss it.
  10. Can i ask what a lance sergeant is? :|
  11. Watching this now.

Are the ANA really that much of a ******* joke?
  12. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

Amazing programme...
  13. Guards equivalent of a Cpl, I believe. Im missing this - the panorama progs were very good , I'll have to see if I can catch this on the t'internet.