J P Morgan loses $2 Billion in six weeks

Mmmm that's a bit apocalyptic.

Probably been putting a bit too much faith in their bought and paid for consultant T Blair.

Look what happened to us.

Nice to see the Curse of Blair is having an effect on someone who deserves it for a change. I bet Murdoch must be wishing he'd never invested in Brand Blair, too.
Our Tone's offspring are there as well. There's been a distinct lack of Ferraris outside the JP Morgan Canary Wharf front doors. Now I know why.

Genius - the month I open a S&S ISA with them this happens.

Note to self - dig out natwest china piggy bank, and start saving the old fashioned way.

Genius - the month I open a S&S ISA with them this happens.

Note to self - dig out natwest china piggy bank, and start saving the old fashioned way.

<Daily Hate> Gold Plated Civil Servant invests stash of cash from his bonus's with JP Morgan!! <Daily Hate >

CNN (.com) is putting up the "TOO BIG TO FAIL" flag, even as we speak. Lead in to another taxpayer-funded bailout, perhaps?

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
I have memories of being interviewed for a job on the day the UK crashed out of the ERM. The interviewer was the chairman of a group of companies, one of which traded in metals. Turned out the traders hadn't properly covered themselves against exchange rate fluctuations. Said chairman kept nipping out of the interview to look at the exchange rates on Ceeefax. By the end of the day he'd lost about £300,000. He wasn't a happy bunny....

Wordsmith

CNN (.com) is putting up the "TOO BIG TO FAIL" flag, even as we speak. Lead in to another taxpayer-funded bailout, perhaps?
Well those are becoming as routine as Mormon tithing.

But don't panic JP have got a couple of trillion bucks of assets, they payed out $10 billion to their investment bankers last year, I assume they can afford to lose a couple of billion and still have some change for pole dancers and nose candy as usual.

ugly

LE
Dont be a fool, its our money they have lost not their own, their big investors will be well protected and capable of weatthering any stormm. I for one would like to see the ******* responsible pay out of theirown pockets, that would learn em!

Dont be a fool, its our money they have lost not their own, their big investors will be well protected and capable of weatthering any stormm. I for one would like to see the ******* responsible pay out of theirown pockets, that would learn em!
What on earth are you on about "our money they have lost "

ugly

LE
Our money, our pensions tend to get invested by cnuts like that, anyone remember Iceland and I'm not talking about Katona!

Our money, our pensions tend to get invested by cnuts like that, anyone remember Iceland and I'm not talking about Katona!
It's an American bank listed on the NYSE, the money that has supposedly been lost was from the banks proprietary trading desk, **** all to do with your pension.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Forces_Sweetheart The Intelligence Cell 7
N ARRSE: Site Issues 0
Aunty Stella The NAAFI Bar 60