J P Morgan loses $2 Billion in six weeks

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by sunnoficarus, May 11, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I wonder if he's looked down the back of the sofa?

2. Mmmm that's a bit apocalyptic.

3. Probably been putting a bit too much faith in their bought and paid for consultant T Blair.

Look what happened to us.

4. That must have been some party!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nice to see the Curse of Blair is having an effect on someone who deserves it for a change. I bet Murdoch must be wishing he'd never invested in Brand Blair, too.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Our Tone's offspring are there as well. There's been a distinct lack of Ferraris outside the JP Morgan Canary Wharf front doors. Now I know why.

7. Genius - the month I open a S&S ISA with them this happens.

Note to self - dig out natwest china piggy bank, and start saving the old fashioned way.

8. Rice and firearms are the wisest investments at the moment.

9. <Daily Hate> Gold Plated Civil Servant invests stash of cash from his bonus's with JP Morgan!! <Daily Hate >

• Like Like x 1
  10. CNN (.com) is putting up the "TOO BIG TO FAIL" flag, even as we speak. Lead in to another taxpayer-funded bailout, perhaps?

11. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

I have memories of being interviewed for a job on the day the UK crashed out of the ERM. The interviewer was the chairman of a group of companies, one of which traded in metals. Turned out the traders hadn't properly covered themselves against exchange rate fluctuations. Said chairman kept nipping out of the interview to look at the exchange rates on Ceeefax. By the end of the day he'd lost about £300,000. He wasn't a happy bunny....

Wordsmith

12. Well those are becoming as routine as Mormon tithing.

But don't panic JP have got a couple of trillion bucks of assets, they payed out $10 billion to their investment bankers last year, I assume they can afford to lose a couple of billion and still have some change for pole dancers and nose candy as usual.

• Like Like x 1
  13. If there is a bailout, it'll be th US taxpayer that foots the bill.

14. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Dont be a fool, its our money they have lost not their own, their big investors will be well protected and capable of weatthering any stormm. I for one would like to see the ******* responsible pay out of theirown pockets, that would learn em!