J.M.Q.C. HINTS AND TIPS

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by DPM-vest+pants, Jul 23, 2002.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. THE J.M. IS THE BIGGEST COURSE THAT ANY MEDIC/NURSE WILL GO THROUGH IN THEIR RISE THROUGH THE RANKS.HERE IS A CHANCE TO SHARE TIPS OR PERLS OF WISDOM TO THOUSE PLOPPING THEIR PANTS THINKING ABOUT GOING. 8)

2. gus

gus

You got any hints then?  ;D

3. The biggest hint you can have is Turn up- you can't fail to pass it!!

4. The JMQC is a sad, sorry course designed by the AMS to be on a par with Junior Brecon and train soldiers for the future.

STOP PRESS "It prepares you for nothing" END PRESS

Anyone who needs hints and tips should'nt be on it just stay awake ? ;)

5. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

If the JM and SMQC were ever perported to be on par with the Brecon courses, the AMS is in bigger trouble than I thought!

Top tip: Just use the previous courses course work and you'll be fine! Oh and as mentioned stay awake.

6. I have been informed by the lovely manning and records roadshow  ::) that the JMQC has now being changed from the traditional "Medics marching up and down the square" and "Lets have a exercise that will be nothing like the several deployments you have already been on" to a course called the CLM.. Part Education Center / Part AMS training.
    Intresting.. i've seen the handout with the little chart of Pte all the way up to the WOI ,it has all the facinating module titles that you see courses with these days and it has the amount of days it takes to compleate them..
    I'm sure Keogh will be adding a few more days onto it for room inspections and the like..

It's a pity that the CLM does not include modules that really mirror my job these days like..

1) Learn to take orders from Civvys in NHS Hospitals
    so you can now ignore the proper chain of command because all your seniors have given up trying to contrdict them (as they always get backed up)
    2) Replace Civvys staff that don't bother turning up for work.
    3) Try and be happy with a job with they say is training for war but all you do is help replace old peoples hips and knees...

I could go on but i'm starting to rant

7. ::) ERM..... NOT REALLY WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR CHAPS.OTHERWISE I'D HAVE ASKED FOR PEOPLE TO SLAG OFF THE J.M.
    ALL COURSES ARE EASY WHEN YOU'VE DONE THEM.
    THE BITS COURSE IS EASY ONCE DONE,NOT TOO SURE WHEN IT'S 02:30 AND YOU'RE STILL DOING IT ( STAND BY FOR PEOPLE SLAGGING BITS OFF NOW)
    STILL FUNNY THOUGH
    tHE s.m. I BELIVEIS EVEN EASIER

8. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Looks like your tip for today should be :'Dont wear your slippers out in the rain'
    The AMS prom courses should be by distance learning, it would be easier and save time and money!
    Not until the Army does special to arms Prom courses like the Infantry will we get a Cpl in the RLC the same standard as a RAMC Cpl, that people could trust! I am aware the Warrant Officers AA Course is on the horizon, but we dont need WO's who are great, we know they are already! We want courses to testand educate the Cpl and Sgt and give promotions when really earnt! Like PSBC at Brecon!

9. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

It sounds like this course has gone seriously to rats. I did it in 1985 and found it physically hard, mentally demanding and enjoyable. The 72 hour sleep depravation exercise was the most enlightening part of the course. And to those who claim no one fails, I know of many close associates who failed their first attempt. I think it had something like a 15-20% failure rate at that time.

10. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Agreed, MIB, my JMQC in 1987 was run by SSgt Dinger B$&&, who we all know and thank for his professionalism, we had about 10% fall by the wayside because they couldn't pass the BFT on the first day!- Oh the Good old days! The courses now seem to run on a turn up and pass basis! Even the instructors are bussed in from York! I am sure my peer group can say hand on heart we got our LCpl/Cpl by atleast going out on the E Series for three days! Not Jnr Brecon by any means but it was as close as we were going to get! Ho Ho!

11. Well, QMan, I was an instructor on the JM and SM QCs at depot at the same time as Dinger, and yes, there were failures, not very often but they did fail a few, mainly as you say on the entry BFT.
    However, I did sometimes feel that the AMS should remain apart from the big army and Not train as infanteers, be a medic first.
    When I left the army, I ended up teaching medical aid courses to a much higher standard than to CMTs, and this was to civvies. When that job fell apart, it was suggested I go and teach FAW, but I didn't think I could lower my standards that low.

12. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

I always thought it would be nice to have JNCO's who could read a map, get there before it got dark and set up a section without getting bumped for bad drills- unfortunatley now QA's etc are part of the courses we will never have JNCOs in the RAMC who are tested at a high standard-of anything!

I have JNCO who would never had got past week 1 with Mr Bell, and he worked on-" Are they good enough to be JNCOs for me?" Today the answer is no.

13. The JM & SM of the olddays were harder and not attendance courses as they are now, we had guys not even unpack thier bags as they new they were not going to pass the BFT. Going back to the old days what did P*** me of was having to do all that Phys, whilst the down graded were away catching up on thier homework. The remainder were being put through our paces with the logs over the E series. For what so that we the fit ones could get the same grade having completed the whole course as those who had done no phys.

14. Thanks for the hints and tips i will remember them when i do my JMQC. Whilst on the subject does anyone know or have it in writing that people who had there JM's cancelled due to operational commitments will have there substansive date back dated to when they should have done there JM and not when they do the course?

Thank you 8)

15. As of beginning of next year all of the top tips you have may be worth as much as the CMT qualification, as the JMQC, SMQC and WOQC all become linked into the CLM and it all changes.
    As for backdating sub dates due to deployment, if you get your courses in before that promotion year is up then the Army doesnt have to give you the steam off its turd and probably wont :twisted: :twisted: