Ive lost my whole world: Iraq widow

This is heartbreaking.

The distraught wife of a former soldier from Northern Ireland killed by a landmine in Iraq has said she is "numb" trying to come to terms with her loss.

Vicky Chalmers (29) had been married to east Belfast man Ian (26) for just six months when he was fatally wounded in a roadside explosion last Sunday. The couple had not yet gone on their honeymoon.

The accident happened at the port of Alkut on the Tigris river in south east Iraq, where Mr Chalmers was working as a security guard for London-based firm Aegis. He died hours later in hospital. .......

Ian Chalmers

RIP Ian.
My sincere condolences go out to your family & friends.
Spike

RIP Ian
Condolences to family and friends

Knew Ian from i was a young whipper snapper in the ACF, also worked with him in the sandpit. To say the world is a lesser place without him is a vast understatement. He was a former tankie as well. My heart goes out to his wife and family.

Rest In Piece mucker.

Rest in Peace Ian,sincerest condolences to his family and friends.It was not worth it my friend. 'NE OBLIVISCARIS'

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Rest in peace son. And I hope Aegis look after your girl.

wrighty said:
Knew Ian from i was a young whipper snapper in the ACF, also worked with him in the sandpit. To say the world is a lesser place without him is a vast understatement. He was a former tankie as well. My heart goes out to his wife and family.

Rest In Piece mucker.
I wonder if I know Ian myself.
Was he in H Coy,2nd NI Bn ACF?
If so,what det?

RIP Ian, there is an elite section in Valhalla just for Ulstermen.

I hope Mrs Chalmers can eventually find some peace and happiness.

My thoughts are with you Ma'am.

RIP, Condolences to the family and friends.

Latest Threads