Ive lost my whole world: Iraq widow

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by spike7451, Aug 29, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

This is heartbreaking.

The distraught wife of a former soldier from Northern Ireland killed by a landmine in Iraq has said she is "numb" trying to come to terms with her loss.

Vicky Chalmers (29) had been married to east Belfast man Ian (26) for just six months when he was fatally wounded in a roadside explosion last Sunday. The couple had not yet gone on their honeymoon.

The accident happened at the port of Alkut on the Tigris river in south east Iraq, where Mr Chalmers was working as a security guard for London-based firm Aegis. He died hours later in hospital. .......

Ian Chalmers

RIP Ian.
    My sincere condolences go out to your family & friends.
  2. RIP Ian
    Condolences to family and friends
  3. Knew Ian from i was a young whipper snapper in the ACF, also worked with him in the sandpit. To say the world is a lesser place without him is a vast understatement. He was a former tankie as well. My heart goes out to his wife and family.

Rest In Piece mucker.
  4. Didnt know the man an never heard of him but i would like to pass my condolences to his widow and all close family and friends.

RIP Ian
  5. Rest in Peace Ian,sincerest condolences to his family and friends.It was not worth it my friend. 'NE OBLIVISCARIS'
  6. RIP, my thoughts are with your family.
  7. He made a difference, all the British soldiers there do.
    RIP and my sincere condolences.
  8. RIP Lad and thoughts to his young wife
  9. Bloody h*ll, another good one gone. R.I.P.
  10. Heartbreaking. RIP.
  11. RIP Ian, condolences to his wife and family.
  12. RIP Ian, condolences to his missus and family
  13. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Rest in peace son. And I hope Aegis look after your girl.
  14. RIP MATE
  15. RIP Ian.