Ive just went for a Wii!

If you havent tried Nintendo's new console, fecking go play it!

Its out of this world and im hooked.

Never had so much fun in ages!

I've only played sports games just yet but bring on the guns and swords!

Looking forward to cutting some virtual throats!

Ok calm down, calm down, you can tell im a wee bit excited.

Whats the deal with it?
Ive seen the advert with the bloke having a virtual sword fight, does it actually work like that or is it a clever marketing ploy?

Is the 72" FST screen included?

Cant see it being as impressive on my portable!

suits_U said:
Whats the deal with it?
Ive seen the advert with the bloke having a virtual sword fight, does it actually work like that or is it a clever marketing ploy?
It actually does work like that. The way in which your movement is mimicked onscreen, almost in realtime, is quite incredible. Practise your golf swing, boxing moves, cricket, tennis, bowling, swordfighting, the possibilities are mouthwatering. I've been a hardcore gamer for the best part of 20 years and thought id seen it all but this is truly revolutionary. Other benefits are that it tires out kids, rather than having them sitting on their backsides, and is a mere £179 with Wii Sports included. I cant think of a better present this Xmas but you'll be lucky to get one as they've flown off the shelves! Lucky i pre-ordered mine 3 months ago. Theres only thing im waiting for tho and thats Star Wars lightsabre combat, childhood fantasies fulfilled!

Star Wars too? Outstanding!

You are not my father dude :D

Ok just got a 360.

Dont ask me how but the wife caved in and i got one. Problem though, the games are about £50 quid so there lies the problem.

I got the console but how do i get games. Anybody know a cheap outlet or (Ahem) ways round the system???

Thats what put me off getting a 360 to be honest. The console is great and the games look fantastic but at 50 quid a pop its a tad too much.

Best bet is to hire games from a local Blockbuster or something other than that I think 360 games are pretty much unbreakable.

I'll stick to my PC, wait a couple of months and get the latest games for a tenner :wink:

Gmonster said:
Ok just got a 360.

Dont ask me how but the wife caved in and i got one. Problem though, the games are about £50 quid so there lies the problem.

I got the console but how do i get games. Anybody know a cheap outlet or (Ahem) ways round the system???
*cough* google the words "360 torrent".

Gmonster said:
Tango34_UK said:
errrrr for 360 stuff a friend of a friend said you should have a look at the following links..... not that i would know......

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=28537

http://www.modchip.com/xbox360/

and for backups of all the games you own.....

http://www.torrentspy.com/search?query=360&submit.x=32&submit.y=10
You sir! are a star and a gentleman! :D
Don't try to play them on xbox live or they will ban you! Not that anyone is advocating such things :D

Now I dont even have a 360, always use a PC for all my gaming stuff, but might look into getting a 360 once the PS3 is out and the price has dropped.

I belive (that friend of mine again) that torrent is a very good place to look for most things you need ;)

PartTimePongo said:
Star Wars too? Outstanding!

You are not my father dude :D
You know it to be true!

Well its not been confirmed yet but thats what everyone wants to see.

At the last E3 games convention LucasArts executives were deluged with questions about a Star Wars Wii game and they just gave knowing winks so it is definitely on the drawing board.

Im looking forward to this as well.

Gmonster said:
Problem though, the games are about £50 quid so there lies the problem.

Ebay?

Forgive me for invading this 'boys and their toys' sess, but what is the improvements that the 360 has over Xbox and the PS3 has over PS2? I was contemplating stumping up for a PS3 until someone asked me the above question and all I could answer was that it has some blue-ray-disc thingy and possible cordless controls. Wii has the upper hand with me now due to the fact that you can't just sit there and play games all day, you have to get up on your feet.

If they bring out a star wars game then I will have to go to the shops for a Wii.

PS3 and XBox 360 both have better graphics and gaming engines. Allowing games to be alot larger, more in-depth and generaly better than what is available at the moment.

The Wii is aimed at a totaly different market really. It is playing on the motion controlers gimmick and it seems to be working. Everything I have heard about it sounds great. Even my wife who doesnt play PC's at all, on seeing the TV advert was wowed enough to say "that looks cool". Myself a hardened WoW fanatic with little time left for anything else, am sorely tempted :D

So the ones of you that got the Wii, what is it rearly like, I am looking at getting one after Christmas, but want to know is it rearly worth it?

Its wicked and Zelda is the game of the year!

I downloaded the free web browser earlier and have just been watching Youtube and Google videos on the telly, ace!

You use the Wiimote as a virtual mouse, just point and click at the screen.

Typing in web addresses is cumbersome admittedly, but you can bookmark your fave sites.

The Forecast Channel is also very handy, check the weather anywhere in the world at any time.

Theres no restrictions on web content either :p