• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

I've heard a nasty rumour ...

I've heard a nasty rumour that our dress regs, for the wearing of MTP, are being rewritten in Corps memorandum and it's to include creases ironed into MTP trousers. Please say it isn't so? The Corps RSM needs to get that squared away before we turn into the Royal Signals. Now Afghanistan is drawing to a close i won't be surprised if they try and force us into barrack dress again.

I've heard a nasty rumour that our dress regs, for the wearing of MTP, are being rewritten in Corps memorandum and it's to include creases ironed into MTP trousers. Please say it isn't so? The Corps RSM needs to get that squared away before we turn into the Royal Signals. Now Afghanistan is drawing to a close i won't be surprised if they try and force us into barrack dress again.
What? You're going to grow a brain and stop drinking piss? We don't iron creases in to our trousers either, you bellend!

D

Davetheclown

kit is designed for purpose not to look pretty these dinosaur RSM should be man managing than making shit up so that he looks good. Tell him Dave says you are a ****.

Signallers

Old-Salt
Book Reviewer
Barrack dress is coming back to be used more regularly, ive heard there looking to dress the Stabs first (not sure why) and it will be worn when not conducting field duties and whilst in working hours doing general duties around the Barracks.

Remember how everyone had to pay to get rank & qualification patches on their reds re-done on a red background? Seems its going to go back to the original gold on black. I heard it on the Q T from someone who was at the RSMs conference at Sandhurst a couple of weeks ago.

Signallers

Old-Salt
Book Reviewer
I heard about a guy in the TA who when he first got issued his MTP chopped a few of his shirts back to a summer style with cut sleeves, turned up on parade and got send back to his billet with a £75 fine by the QM, ouch.

It is in Corps Memorandum unfortuantely. I will be really pissed off if we have to change back to black backed rank badges on mess dress simply due to cost, but I do think it looks better. This all sounds like change for change sake as somebody wants to have their impact on the Army.

It is in Corps Memorandum unfortuantely. I will be really pissed off if we have to change back to black backed rank badges on mess dress simply due to cost, but I do think it looks better. This all sounds like change for change sake as somebody wants to have their impact on the Army.
The CRSM who went to rank badges on red wanted to make a name for himself, some names spring to mind but none of them are good. After all the money spent by thousands of serving in both messes , the wheel is going to be reinvented back to original gold on black. No idea when it will be pushed out but another example of "if it aint broke..."

Latest Threads