I've had an Epipthany

Mods. you can put this in where ever it should be like Health & Efficiency or whatever. I have originally placed this in the NAAFI so everyone can have a pisstake.

Right, for chrimbo's got an ipood touch from the beaglettes, and went about transferring all my goodly songs et al. So anyway, methinks to self *self, all the young thrusters in the gym and out running have this gay shit on, why don't I try it* you see, I'm a bit of a Luddite and tend to do the gym and associated PT 'stuff' sans gay shit, just PT rig "lets go!" and I tend to pisstake out on all and sundry that have that 'shite'.

Anyway, discreetly away from all I went for a bit of a trot with earphones in and music blaring - FUCK! How goods this shit, my moment of having an epipthany. I then had a crack at the gym with this new age thingy, once again I was besotted with my new chrimbo gift.

I've now learnt to sort my songs into a decent collection of running/gym songs to gee up this aging body, my classic song is:

Fuck the Pain Away by Peaches.

So, in the interests in science and technology is there any other Luddites out there who have had their 'Eureka' moment, and if it involves decent music what is it?

G

goatrutar

Good song to excersise to. I'm still getting used to the concept of those compact disc things.

Mate, I'm still bemoaning the fact I gave away all my vinyl records - all orignals. BB: "Pish......these CD's are only good for beer coasters!"

G

goatrutar

Mate, I'm still bemoaning the fact I gave away all my vinyl records - all orignals. BB: "Pish......these CD's are only good for beer coasters!"
I did the same. Now everyone is raving about sound quality with these iPods. My ears can't tell the difference.

Yeah, a mate has a lovely system , 3,000 - odd quid speakers and a 250W per channel amp.....niiiiiice. But he lives in a flat and can hardly even begin to rev the thing up because of the neighbours. Nice sound, but a pair of top-notch headphones would do the trick at a fraction of the price. I reckon after a certain point there isn't much of a discernable difference in sound unless you are hypersensitive.

I find that wax cylinders for my Edison phonograph are hard to obtain nowadays, perhaps I should consider an upgrade. Any suggestions?

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
I've now learnt to sort my songs into a decent collection of running/gym songs to gee up this aging body, my classic song is:

Fuck the Pain Away by Peaches.
The ARRSE Homosexual Forum is hidden from view since we are a persecuted minority and the ARRSE is an inclusionist forum. But every now and then, we recognise our own and invite gay boy iPod wearing fucking perverts into our midst.

Hi sailor. New in town? PM me, yah?

G

goatrutar

The ARRSE Homosexual Forum is hidden from view since we are a persecuted minority and the ARRSE is an inclusionist forum. But every now and then, we recognise our own and invite gay boy iPod wearing fucking perverts into our midst.

Hi sailor. New in town? PM me, yah?

Ah, your grace. Long time no see. Have you been busy?

G

goatrutar

I find that wax cylinders for my Edison phonograph are hard to obtain nowadays, perhaps I should consider an upgrade. Any suggestions?
They've come up with these new 8 track thingies. You just shove a cartridge containing music into a hole in your dashboard.

It truly is white mans magic.

They've come up with these new 8 track thingies. You just shove a cartridge containing music into a hole in your dashboard.

It truly is white mans magic.
Wow, what next, Magnetic Tape Machines?

This is all a bit 3rd party, in my view. You should buy an orchestra and some chanteuses, preferably large-busted versions of the latter so that they may serve triple duty (singing, cooking and shagging - mine's multi-tasking and sings some interesting atonal songs, based around the word "Yes!", during the course of the latter).

Given the pace I move at I find those 'chillout zone' cd's handy for exercising to.......

when I say 'exercise' I mean eating naturellement!!

This is all a bit 3rd party, in my view. You should buy an orchestra and some chanteuses, preferably large-busted versions of the latter so that they may serve triple duty (singing, cooking and shagging - mine's multi-tasking and sings some interesting atonal songs, based around the word "Yes!", during the course of the latter).
You'd look like a dodgy train ticket advert jogging round the local dog toilet with that lot in tow though??

You'd look like a dodgy train ticket advert jogging round the local dog toilet with that lot in tow though??
:???: 'jogging'? With the largest Under-25 all-female orchestra and choir in Western Europe at my beck and call, why would I need to jog?

:twisted:

:???: 'jogging'? With the largest Under-25 all-female orchestra and choir in Western Europe at my beck and call, why would I need to jog?

:twisted:
Fair point....we were talking about exercising to music but apparently shagging is as good as anything in the fitness stakes!

PS....your post didn't mention 'under 25 all female' so I now have a mental picture of you getting your rim stretched by a Pavarotti lookalike!!

"This is all a bit 3rd party, in my view. You should buy an orchestra and some chanteuses, preferably large-busted versions of the latter so that they may serve triple duty (singing, cooking and shagging - mine's multi-tasking and sings some interesting atonal songs, based around the word "Yes!", during the course of the latter)."

Fair point....we were talking about exercising to music but apparently shagging is as good as anything in the fitness stakes!
PS....your post didn't mention 'under 25 all female' so I now have a mental picture of you getting your rim stretched by a Pavarotti lookalike!!
Oh no, that would never do; all applicants must pass a stringent medical to ensure they won't expire on the job and must be less than a given weight on account of the bits missing from my lumbar spine.

I've only had my rim stretched once and that was in Cyprus by a female doctor in the course of her duties (dodgy stuff, that Keo - it certainly gave me a 'run' for my money and my bowels all the exercise they needed (and then some) :evil:)

I find the Rocky 3 montage works well as a training tune but has the unexpected side-effect of you punching unsuspecting individuals/old ladies/sides of meat/Blond Eastern Europeans as you jog past. It also makes you talk like a stroke victim. Revs the old engine though.

Hearts of Fire what!!