Ive broken the front page!

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by theoriginalphantom, Jun 25, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. OK, I admit I'm spending far too much time on here as I seem to be noticing the errors (or just chopsing off about them first)

the front page is massive, and very spread out. Is this just me, or has something gone wrong?

2. You're gonna pay for that TOP. You've bust mine too.
  3. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

How did he manage to break my as well?
  4. Your a very bad man Tops...
  5. just noticed its been mentioned in another thread.
    clicky here

In my defence I cant open most of the forums at the moment and there are 'no topics' when using the 'last 50 posts'. Its very hit and miss
  6. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Can you send a screenshot of that please? If not a more precise description?
  7. Whoo, thought for a minute then it was my fault.
  8. I can't manage a screen shot on the works PC (did I just admit to that?) but the front page is incredibly long.

I'm using IE6, windows 2000 service pack 4 (on a dell ffs)

The main page is looking normal down the left side, the pic (of the WW2 campaign medals) starts level with the middle of the pic of Virtual arrse - R&R island. Its as if the middle of the page (from the top of the photo) has just slipped down. (if that makes any sense to anyone, congratulations)
  9. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Mmmmm......... bugger again.
  10. Mine's okay :D fnarr and raspberry!!
  11. and the advert/link under the main photo is broken too.

edited to add, the advert/link which was for SSAFA, has vanished.

edited again as the advert is back.
  12. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

The ad will change of course - it should be different on every page. Some advertisers have banners smaller than the normal so it looks a bit odd, but it should work.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to duplicate this problem. Does anyone else have the same problem who can do a screenshot? (press shift and the "Print Scrn" button in the top right of the keyboard. Then open a paint program, open a new picture / canvas and choose Edit -> Paste.)

BTW have you done a browser refresh with ctrl & f5 pushed together?
  13. Mine is the same running the same, on the same system :cry:
  14. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Excellent - can you check that pressing control and F5 together doesn't cure it then could you do a screen shot?
  15. the advert sometimes isn't there, just a white rectangle with a small red cross in the top left corner, holding the mouse over it gives the name (ie SSAFA) but no link, sometimes there is nothing there at all, and sometimes I'm getting the usual banner advert/linky thing that should be there.