Ive broke my Leatherman

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by mucus, Mar 12, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. snapped the plier heads off to be exact. :x
    Any know what the score is regarding the life time warrenty?

How I wish I had followed plan A and bought loads in the PX when I had the chance........ :cry:

2. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

Er.. Buy another one?

3. Take it to the Padre. When he stops laffing, you might get a hug!

4. I took mine into a dealer, no proof of purchase, they sent it off two weeks later back it came refurbished and good as new.

5. Just read the warranty on my Leather man and it states: 'The warranty does not cover abuse, alteration, unauthorised or unreasonable use of your leatherman.'

Basicaly, you buggered it so theres sod all they can do.

6. I did the same ages ago. Send it to the following address with a cover letter explaining what happened. They sent me out a new one.

Leatherman Warranty (UK)
    Whitby & Co
    Aynam Mills
    Canal Head North
    Kendal
    Cumbria
    LA9 7BY

7. Computer says no!

25-YEAR Limited Warranty

If within 25 years from the purchase date of your genuine Leatherman® tool you find any defect in material or workmanship, you can count on us to make it right with fast warranty service.

To obtain warranty service, return your tool to Leatherman Tool Group or a local authorized service center. Depending on the tool defect, we will decide whether to repair your tool or replace it with a product of equal or greater value.

You are responsible for shipping costs to our factory or an authorized service center. When you return your tool, be sure to use an insured shipping method. We cannot be responsible for items that do not reach us or our local authorized service centers.

This warranty does not cover abuse, alteration, unauthorized or unreasonable use of your Leatherman tool. This warranty does not cover sheaths, accessories, imprinting, or color finishes.

Leatherman Tool Group is not liable for incidental or consequential damages. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.

8. My understanding is that the good peeps at leatherman really do stand behind their product and have replaced tools in similar circumstances.

Look em up online and give them a bell first.

9. Thanks for the help, it's off for a trip in a jiffy bag tomorrow.

10. Snapped mine in Bosnia using it for the wrong job,
    So i lied and said it just broke while i was using
    the pliers to hold something.
    Sent it off and got a replacement, easy peasy.

11. Ooooh...you...you...fibber!

12. As above, 2 weeks later new one delivered

Osta

13. thats good, cheapest I've found over here for new one is £75 on offer, the worst bit was they were sale in the PX in Victory for $93 IIRC.

Talk about rip off Britain.

14. Ditto, took six days though!

15. become a fatbadge - they get 'em issued (even the nasty Geo types)!