I've been waiting for this to happen

Discussion in 'Syria, Mali, Libya, Middle East & North Africa' started by Grumblegrunt, Jun 2, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

2. You've been waiting for two cars to get damaged in an explosion in which nobody got hurt? Wow! Can you tell me what next week's winning lottery numbers will be too?
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Grumblegrunt

the counter revolution campaign, fortunately the guys who did it dont seem to have their heart set on the task at hand. its fine saying no one was injured - this time, but we've seen the results of a planned evolution of events before and it isnt pretty.

if it becomes a regular thing then they have no way to deal with it as the bengazi 'police' are still just volunteer militias.
  4. False-flag op to ramp-up the tempo?
  5. Given the amount of info that we already have (from the CIA via Wikileaks!) to suggest that Eastern Libya is the BIGGEST supplier of volunteers to Al Quaeda, you'd think that Qadaffi would have rather more sense than to get into a pissing competition with what's generally regarded as world-leader in the field of planting IED's....

Or didn't you factor that into your crystal ball's programming?
  6. Qadaffi and sense in the same sentence, have I missed something?
  7. Grumblegrunt

well seeing as the intelligence communities have seen the arab spring as a panacea to AQ and a reason why we should have left OBL to fade away instead of turning him to a martyr I would be surprised if AQ would want to cause trouble this early. if anything they appear to be the only ones with any proper training. AQ are busy planning for the olympics.

Libyan Rebels Al Qaeda | U.S. finds no organized Al Qaeda presence in Libya opposition, officials say - Los Angeles Times

maybe you should check the dates on your wikileaks docs, times change.
  8. Would that be the SAME "intelligence communities" that found no evidence of Islamic Extremism in the Egyptian revolution? The revolution that has since been substantially taken over by the Muslim Brotherhood, which has been feeding the hungry (which is largely what the revolt was about: economic stagnation and a complete lack of jobs) in exchange for their votes and political support? Iraq, surely demonstrated just HOW reliable the US "intelligence community" can be: when told NOT to find something, they can be guaranteed to spend months carefully looking in the wrong direction (if that's what their political masters want) "Lack of evidence is NOT the same thing as evidence of lack".