Ive been discharged how long can I stay in married quarter

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by foreverxbox, Nov 1, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ive been medically discharged for ptsd. Ive got a 93 day extension at moment. Can I get further extension. Please help iam worried sick

2. You can stay in the Qtr after the 93 days, however, they will issue an eviction notice and you will have to pay council rent rates, you will eventualy have to move out (some people I know of have been in their MSQ's months after the 93 days), they normaly take court action or threaten it, I know many people who have not yet been allocated council accom living in their MSQ's paying council rates, make sure that you have applied for council accom and that you Pay the amended rent on time and what can they get you for.

Do not panic and good luck.

Regards

LJS

3. cheers mate

4. If I remember correctly the rates you pay after the 93 days are FAR higher than you have been paying so far, it might even be cheaper to rent locally if you can.

5. Yep they are, they are set at what it would cost to rent the equivalent house through the council.

6. Depending on circumstances, your local authority may pick up the tab for the qtr after the 93 days (they did for my Mrs when she left her first husband and moved from Catterick back to Lisburn).

7. Yep, that situation would be paid for under benefits for single parants out of work, not for a family "quote"

8. Stay there, pay nothing, wait for the whole thing to go through the courts.

It'll take months.

9. watched the news today. there was an injured squaddie discharged on medical grounds, then granted an extension in his quarter because it was a medical discharge(MOD stated they didn't know he had been medically discharged, how frightening is THAT!!) I would double check your position with the MOD, especially as it is a very sensitive political hot potato at present. The news channel (I think it was ITV) asked for anybody in this position to contact them - why not buddy, you have zero to lose...

10. My mate, who is ex RN still living in his MSQ and in the same situation, told me about this tonight, this issue is going to go bigger than Ben Hur, apparantly this guy broke bones in 7 places in Basrah, stand by.

11. We are still in MQ (just) are paying our damage for trespass (rent) monthly in advance, are trying to find somewhere locally, the house is not needed for anyone (have had empty house either side for over 2 years) yet DE are still sending the letters threatening legal action. Do they not realise that we are saving them the bother of maintaining the house (heating and stopping the vandals) and paying them as well.

12. We are still in MQ (just) are paying our damage for trespass (rent) monthly in advance, are trying to find somewhere locally, the house is not needed for anyone (have had empty house either side for over 2 years) yet DE are still sending the letters threatening legal action. Do they not realise that we are saving them the bother of maintaining the house (heating and stopping the vandals) and paying them as well.

13. Go to The Scum, see how much they'll buy your story off you for?? It might help towards the rent ;)

14. You don't have a tenancy agreement with the MoD it is a licence to occupy, whatever that is. Any legal eagles out there know what the position is? My feeling is that the MoD hasn't got a leg to stand on if it went to court. And lets face it, do you really think that DHE would be competent enough to get al the procedures in place? They seem to struggle with the most basic things like quarter charges, garages etc.

Give them a run for their money!

15. While all this is going on you could try going to your local council and applying for housing benefit. This is payable by the local council to your landlord and obviously reduces the amount you have to pay. The only thing I camn say definitely is "If you don't claim you won't get it" It costs nothing to claim and is based on your income and the rent you are having to pay. Give it a go.