ITV Women on the front line

#1
on now ITV
 
#2
RAF bint copper. Talking to locals with dark glasses on. Surely it should be glasses off so you see the emotion/compassion/honesty in the eyes??
 
#3
Had the same thought ...

... however, a very well-balanced programme that avoided the usual collections of bull-sh1t. Nice to see a bit of sensible reporting for a change.
 
#4
I thought the female Sgt Loadmaster had very nice lips.
 
#5
Thirded for the glasses, especially as the local that she was talking to wasn't wearing any (but the local Translator was!)

Typical Crabs! :twisted:
 
#6
The search of the Afghan guy coming into Bastion, she had gloves on. Dunno, but from my NI days and RESA training that would be a no-no. Have the RAF plod invented the touch sensitve glove and not told us?
 
#7
blue-sophist said:
Had the same thought ...

... however, a very well-balanced programme that avoided the usual collections of bull-sh1t. Nice to see a bit of sensible reporting for a change.
Is that what you call it? A nice programme perhaps, but one which again shows that the drive to get women into the front line (proper) is being run by the media.

That Loadmaster was stunning by the way.
 
#9
Didnt see it all, but was there any mention of the Lasse's on the MERT's or as Medics out on patrol with the lads?
 
#10
Given that the WRAC ceased to exist 15 years ago and women have been on ops with their units since then, surely this isn't news. It is apparent that the clearly defined front line no longer exists and therefore the women are exposed to as much risk as the blokes. (With the arguable exception of line infantry)

As long as the media keep making programmes where we get to see all the brave little girls working with the big rough boys, there will never be true equality. They can't have it both ways.
Either they are professional soldiers doing a professional soldiers job or they are pink fluffy girlies who are different to everyone they work with.
 
#11
LanceBombardEars said:
Given that the WRAC ceased to exist 15 years ago and women have been on ops with their units since then, surely this isn't news. It is apparent that the clearly defined front line no longer exists and therefore the women are exposed to as much risk as the blokes. (With the arguable exception of line infantry)

As long as the media keep making programmes where we get to see all the brave little girls working with the big rough boys, there will never be true equality. They can't have it both ways.
Either they are professional soldiers doing a professional soldiers job or they are pink fluffy girlies who are different to everyone they work with.
Fair point, but certain elements of the media won't be happy until 'they' can get women into the Inf and therefore a plentiful supply of nice female KIA headlines. Whether women are up to it or not.
 
#16
Had a bit of a chuckle when the fat split arrse crab said women should now be allowed to go toe to toe with the taliban 'because the world is changing' like it was an equality thing, coveniently forgetting that it was the good lord (and not a right wing anti-feminist government) that made us boys physically stronger and more aggressive than the ladies.
Credit to the Loadie though, thought she was a bit more grounded! (See what I did there?)
 
#17
Ref the loady by her own admission she was being bullied/ harrassed due to her sex.
She goes on to say the banter was fun but they kept telling her to clean their rooms, giving her bags of washing to do and other female related tasks.
It prob doesn't bother her but it only takes a do gooder to object and make a complaint.

Didn't notice her lips though. Is it on iplayer or equivalent?
 
#18
righthandmarker said:
Had a bit of a chuckle when the fat split arrse crab said women should now be allowed to go toe to toe with the taliban 'because the world is changing' like it was an equality thing, coveniently forgetting that it was the good lord (and not a right wing anti-feminist government) that made us boys physically stronger and more aggressive than the ladies.
Credit to the Loadie though, thought she was a bit more grounded! (See what I did there?)
She also conveniently forgot that she was very overweight, in the RAF and had more than likely never left Bastion. That's the problem with programmes like this, they give Joe Public the impression that being on permanent guard duty and driving fire engines equates to what the Infanteer does way out in the dangerous bits.
 
#19
RE-DSO said:
Ref the loady by her own admission she was being bullied/ harrassed due to her sex.
She goes on to say the banter was fun but they kept telling her to clean their rooms, giving her bags of washing to do and other female related tasks.
It prob doesn't bother her but it only takes a do gooder to object and make a complaint.

Didn't notice her lips though. Is it on iplayer or equivalent?
Try looking on ITVplayer
 
#20
Athene said:
RE-DSO said:
Ref the loady by her own admission she was being bullied/ harrassed due to her sex.
She goes on to say the banter was fun but they kept telling her to clean their rooms, giving her bags of washing to do and other female related tasks.
It prob doesn't bother her but it only takes a do gooder to object and make a complaint.

Didn't notice her lips though. Is it on iplayer or equivalent?
Try looking on ITVplayer
Then try looking on her face. They're just under her nose.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads