ITV To kill comedy?

...and Benny Hill is on Radio 4 Extra - I thought he'd been airbrushed out of comedy history
Thankfully Benny Hill wasn't a nonce (just a bit odd by all accounts) and his early stuff is not too rude or politically incorrect. That said I still can't help but break out in a smile when I hear Yakety Sax, what? oh, okay then, here you are

They’re repeating ITMA again too, complete with warnings about some of the views/comedy within.
They sometimes preface Goon Show episodes with 'be aware the humour is very much of it's time' which usually means a Bannergee/Mukhargee exchange or some witty banter involving Ray Ellington turning white (or not ) with shock

ITV to kill comedy?

I thought the BBC had killed comedy off years ago.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Still we can always watch this.

Tickle you’re botty with a feather tonight?

I shall pay more attention to the nature of its content in future, but can I suggest "Not Going Out", to the collective that is ARRSE.
That used to be very good.Then in what I can only assume was an effort to appear like a”normal family” they got married,had kids and the very poor comedy writing left them all floundering.

ITV have been killing comedy for the past 20 years.
I can't think of much worth watching after the turn of the millenium.

How dismaying that ITV is to ban all-male writing teams in the pursuit of gender equality. Comedy writers should not be judged on gender, rather on whether they are funny. The same is true in other walks of life, from politics to business: what matters is ability, not whether you tick a box.
Agree with Mrs Gove. I'd add "Comedy writers should not be judged on adhering to Left SJW PC Agenda, rather on whether they are funny"

Bye, bye vile hag Jo "not funny" Brand

There are female comedians???
I quite like Canadian comedienne Katherine Ryan, but maybe influenced by wanting to bed her and words not heard. However, she is weak and always nods away to host - eg on that sh1t F Boyle's show. Pamela Stephenson same?

Fleabag raised a smile
A small one; msm's "Fleabag is wonderful" always amazed me - was it because she did the non-PC risqué behaviour of...

Trigger Warning

...smoking cigarettes in 2019

Dad's Army, Dave Allen, Kenny Everett and Fawlty Towers are some that make me laugh

Not really laughed at much since Black Books. New stuff is all too forced. The search for a formula for what's funny and repeating it. Just find people who are naturally funny (just go into any factory, warehouse, building site) grab the bod that's keeping them grinning and stick 'em in front of a camera. Real life is a shit load funnier than anything honed, crafted and rehearsed.

Surely.... (don't call me Shirley !).. that would be against the law, or are gender equality laws only applicable to men

I quite like Canadian comedienne Katherine Ryan, but maybe influenced by wanting to bed her and words not heard. However, she is weak and always nods away to host - eg on that sh1t F Boyle's show. Pamela Stephenson same?
Katherine Ryan has the rare funny moment on panel shows. Apparently she is quite good live

Anyway, here is a picture of her cleavage
IMG_20190619_224719.jpg