ITV To kill comedy?

A year or two back someone in the BBC said something to the effect that comedy writers should no longer be simply Oxbridge types like they were in the past, they should be more diverse, natch.

Which rather missed the obvious point that beyond Python most of the great BBC comedy writing teams had never been within an ass's roar of Oxbridge.

Indeed if we are to examine the truly great British comedy writers and performers we find that a disproportionate number of them belonged to an ethnic minority and were either immigrants themselves or the children of immigrants, asylum seekers often . . . .
And - be definition - will have experienced "the last unpleasantness" and/or service in uniform!

There are female comedians???

Modern "comedy" is nothing more than a twee commentary designed for middle class snowflakes who need the canned laughter to que when they should make the right noises. Neuro linguistic programming at its most obvious. The Dettol of fun.

ARRSE of course.. The world can learn a valuable lesson from us

Some of the best one liners, come backs and witty put downs originate in these hallowed threads, un-fortunately, most, if not all are not fit to print, let alone be transmitted into the snowflake, PC diversity tick box, world we are living in.

There is a female American comedian called Kelsey Cook. When used to read about her on Reddit, people would be bad-mouthing about how unfunny she is.

Anyway, here's a picture of her cleavage

IMG_20190619_155654.jpg

Are they going to ban all-female writing teams too?
Do keep up.
Transgender teams only.
Ticks all the effin' boxes in one go.
Chemical tits silicon dicks, bits of dicks, some with both, pussy work in progressions,
Job.

Presumably to avoid discriminating against the talentless, comedy need also no longer be funny, though in your poster's humble opinion there is no real funny comedy floating about at the moment. Fleabag raised a smile but if I want to be amused I head for Radio 4xtra. The last edition of The Navy Lark had me hooting out loud, especially when the cast started corpsing and clearly went off script to much hilarity in the studio audience and in my kitchen. Interestingly enough it was Cdr Queeg - a Ronnie Barker character that sparked it all off and Lesley Phillips was clearly loosing it as Jon Pertwee ad-libbed like a trooper (or a sailor in this case).

Presumably to avoid discriminating against the talentless, comedy need also no longer be funny, though in your poster's humble opinion there is no real funny comedy floating about at the moment. Fleabag raised a smile but if I want to be amused I head for Radio 4xtra. The last edition of The Navy Lark had me hooting out loud, especially when the cast started corpsing and clearly went off script to much hilarity in the studio audience and in my kitchen. Interestingly enough it was Cdr Queeg - a Ronnie Barker character that sparked it all off and Lesley Phillips was clearly loosing it as Jon Pertwee ad-libbed like a trooper (or a sailor in this case).

...and Benny Hill is on Radio 4 Extra - I thought he'd been airbrushed out of comedy history

Kenny Everett...no live audience or canned laughter, but you'd often hear the troops in the studio pissing themselves laughing.

Imagine you and a mucker had spent the best part of 18 months in a shed creating a world changing invention, only to be told that you have to have a woman on the team.
Apparently it will then be too heavy, not quiet enough and the wrong colour.
....and doesn't match the curtains.

Wightsparker

War Hero
Oh, lumme. Everybody down!

Modern "comedy" is nothing more than a twee commentary designed for middle class snowflakes who need the canned laughter to que when they should make the right noises. Neuro linguistic programming at its most obvious. The Dettol of fun.
I shall pay more attention to the nature of its content in future, but can I suggest "Not Going Out", to the collective that is ARRSE.

Latest Threads