ITV To kill comedy?

I saw this on the Beeb yesterday but was too busy to post it up - ITV bans all-male comedy writing teams

This, to me, seems to be a very dangerous path to go down. As far as I am aware, from personal tastes in comedy, the best ones, whether written by men, women or a combination of both (Spaced and The Young Ones as examples) are created by those who know each other and can bounce ideas around knowing the other will 'get them'.
To enforce this kind of policy risks, or most likely will, kill any dynamic the 'ideas' people had by having to compulsorily introduce a third party into the mix + any agendas that third party may have.
Imagine, if this was a 'thing' from the beginning of TV? No Monty Python, no Monkey Dust, no Red Dwarf and no Drop The Dead Donkey for starters.
Killing comedy in the name of political correctness and 'fairness'.
Mind you, I've not watched anything on ITV for over three years now, so they can jog on and slowly die like the BBC, but without the enforced funding.

I saw this on the Beeb yesterday but was too busy to post it up - ITV bans all-male comedy writing teams

This, to me, seems to be a very dangerous path to go down. As far as I am aware, from personal tastes in comedy, the best ones, whether written by men, women or a combination of both (Spaced and The Young Ones as examples) are created by those who know each other and can bounce ideas around knowing the other will 'get them'.
To enforce this kind of policy risks, or most likely will, kill any dynamic the 'ideas' people had by having to compulsorily introduce a third party into the mix + any agendas that third party may have.
Imagine, if this was a 'thing' from the beginning of TV? No Monty Python, no Monkey Dust, no Red Dwarf and no Drop The Dead Donkey for starters.
Mind you, I've not watched anything on ITV for over three years now, so they can jog on and slowly die like the BBC, but without the enforced funding.
Are they going to ban all-female writing teams too?

I am disgusted by the whiteness of that article. It's little more than a continuous blast of microagressions.

I have literally been raped by the BBC.

Imagine you and a mucker had spent the best part of 18 months in a shed creating a world changing invention, only to be told that you have to have a woman on the team.
Apparently it will then be too heavy, not quiet enough and the wrong colour.

I am disgusted by the whiteness of that article. It's little more than a continuous blast of microagressions.

I have literally been raped by the BBC.
I'm beginning to wonder if the BBC put that up in a 'You stupid gits, you deserve everything that's coming' way?
Mind you, it's the BBC, they will think it's a good idea.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
If I was Saskia Schuster's boss I would feel quite happy about firing her on the basis that she had no idea what she was doing and then fire all the script editors for the same reason.

What she's described isn't a gender problem, it's a management problem - it probably doesn't help either that the writing teams are almost exclusively talentless, strident, left of centre, ego maniacal man-children with limited life experience and even less sense of humour.

However did Dorothy Parker cope?

Oddly enough, the only comedy I watch/read is written by a collection of disabled, gay, male and females, and multicultural.

ARRSE of course.. The world can learn a valuable lesson from us

Beyond Rising Damp did ITV ever produce a decent comedy show?
They did "borrow" the "Two Ronnies" from the BBC for a year or two.

But - yes - it originated at the BBC.

Oddly enough, the only comedy I watch/read is written by a collection of disabled, gay, male and females, and multicultural.

ARRSE of course.. The world can learn a valuable lesson from us
A year or two back someone in the BBC said something to the effect that comedy writers should no longer be simply Oxbridge types like they were in the past, they should be more diverse, natch.

Which rather missed the obvious point that beyond Python most of the great BBC comedy writing teams had never been within an ass's roar of Oxbridge.

Indeed if we are to examine the truly great British comedy writers and performers we find that a disproportionate number of them belonged to an ethnic minority and were either immigrants themselves or the children of immigrants, asylum seekers often.

Perhaps they were the wrong type of asylum seeker/ethnic minority to tick the requisite box.