ITV Player ermm no, not if your in Germany

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Me!_Amph!!, Jul 16, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Help, was going to watch Andy McNab with us Fine Engineers using the ITV player.

Erm nope, no can do because i have a Germn IP.

How can i use such features such as ITV player etc but fool said website in to thinking i have a UK IP addy.
  2. Or Cyprus...............
  3. Didn't work over here in UK when I tried to watch an episode I have episodes 2 - 6 and am uploading them onto youtube. Think I may have missed the last few mins of 6 though. Will try and upload that one tomorrow. Episode 4 uploading now
  4. Spoilt, many thanks mate.....

No one seams to have it on the p2p forum im with 8)
  5. ITV catch up has never worked for me. Sometimes it just doesn't play anything, other times, it plays an advertisement repeatedly. My advice is to give ITV catchup a miss for now and try youtube.

If you really really want to chance using ITV catchup, one way to do it is to use a VPN Tunnel. Do a search on google. Essentially, these services act as a go between so websites do not know where/who you really are. It should cost about 25 quid a month.
  6. I have been looking for a uk proxy that runs flash so i can watch bbc iplayer. As i pay my licence i think it is pretty poor that i Can't watch it when overseas.
    If anyone finds a working proxy let me know
  7. You have 2 options:

- VPN tunnel
    - Tor

VPN tunnel costs a fair bit, Tor is free but slow. It should be fine once you start streaming though. I've got it to work with iplayer but 4OD is hit and miss. I think channel 4 occasionally blacklists the IP address of Tor nodes.

For Tor instructions, go to:

Be sure to read the comments to get updated UK nodes.