ITV Documentary: Colour Sergeant Tatton saved Marine Farr, J Company, 42 Commando

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by RichardPS, Jun 17, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Back in 2007, in Helmand, Colour Sergeant Tatton saved Marine Farr when he got trapped under a vehicle during an enemy attack. At the time they were both in J Company, 42 Commando. This deeply impressive story was covered in the press at the time, but we'd like to feature it again on ITV, so we're asking for your help.

If you're in touch with Colour Sergeant Tatton or Marine Farr, or if you know anyone who might know how to contact them, please drop me a line on We'd be really grateful.
  2. RM section of Navy Net might be a good place to start.

The Corps
  3. Was speaking to Tatts a couple months back, the big gym queen tantastic mary. I generally don't like standing too close to him as, although I am in every way one of the best looking men ever to work for NATO, Tatts is fucking essence and it can draw the ladies attention away.

His citation was perhaps a bit misleading as he didn't know Farr was under the vehicle during the contact, he was merely trying to remove a wing mirror from the wagon so he could look at himself on the exfil.
    • Like Like x 14
  4. I found him on Facebook in about 12 seconds, describing yourself as a researcher might be over egging it a little Richard.
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Go through the proper MOD channels. At least that way he's not going to think you're just out to cut off his head
    • Like Like x 1
  6. What's the betting that Richard is the new boy, and some old sweat told him, 'You want to go in the ARRSE site in the naffy bar bit, ask there. They're always keen to help TV researchers out, they are'?
    • Like Like x 3
  7. "sayeed" - don't go offering bacon sarnies lads. Persec. Just saying like
  8. Fucker over eggs everything. Check the hair
  9. Thanks lads.
  10. Did you get what you were after?

11. Priceless! Feckin well done :)

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

Given that we're now on page two, could someone kindly call this chap a journo cnut and tell him to f@ck off.
  13. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

that's a bit harsh, he only came to the best place on the interweb to find out a wee bit of gen. we should take it as a complement you know .
    ARRSE is considered the font of all knowledge regarding military stuff.
    we might even get free tickets for the preview .
  14. "News at half past 21 hours o'clock"?
  15. And more!
    • Like Like x 1