ITV & disillusioned servicemen

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Pox_Dr, Aug 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Any, they all p1ss me off

2. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

I'd go with Hells Kitchen..Wonder if they'd be interested in Hells Kitchen-Army Catering Corp.. :p

3. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Surely Hell's Kitchen = Sodexho?

4. I've tried searching the ITV news site for 10 , mins now and can't find anything.

5. I watched it and couldn't make head nor tail of what exactly it was they were complaining about to be honest. All had served in the same Bn. in Iraq and one of their mates was killed out there. They appeared to be blaming the Army for this ( :roll: ) They said that they felt serving in NI,and the Balkans etc was worthwhile, whereas serving in Iraq was not, fair enough, each to his own ete etc. They all signed off after their mates funeral apparently.
    Why the f*ck they felt the Army was to blame for their pal's death was not explored nor was the possibility that the (Labour) government ( for which incidentally, most Scots vote!) might bear some responsibility for where the Army is sent.
    All in all a pile of simplistic uninformative soft-headed poo I thought!

6. That was a really indepth report!!!!!. "They threw stones at me" that used to be a recognised hobby for kid's in West Belfast in the 70's and 80's.

7. Just click on ITV video player, but having said that fair discription above of what said & done.

8. And we got spat at, boo hoo sucks.
    :D

9. That's a fair appraisal of what was reported. A no-news news report. Their mate was killed and they became dissaffected with Army life.

The report didn't really go into enough detail to ascertain exactly what their gripe with the British Army was. If they'd said the Chain of Command doesn't support the troops, the MoD didn't give us the right kit for the job etc, I could see where the report was going, but it came across as being 3 disgruntled guys.

Crap reporting by ITN/ITV.