iTunes - Will it download music onto my PC & non-Ipod player

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by BuggerAll, May 23, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

There is some great music on GTA4. Apparently it's downloadable via iTunes in the UK.

If I do this can I put the tracks into my PC music library along with all my stuff ripped from CDs etc and then load it to my (Samsung MP3 player)

I know this is a bit of a biff question but I've tried to look it up and frankly am even more confused than I was. I can't find a clear answer.

Maybe I'll just wait until they release it on CD.
  2. pc= yes
    player =no

Dont ever buy from Itunes, I have an Ipod and made the mistake of buying from Itunes and it is so restrictive, You never really "own" the music
  3. People pay for downloading music ????? Well I never
  4. Agreed. It will indeed load music onto your PC. The biggest issue is that if you buy stuff from Itunes it comes in .aac format. You will find that your Samsung machine will only play .mp3 or if you are lucky .wma files too.

there are some apps that will convert .aac to .mp3 or you could buy the tunes, burn them as audio to cd, then reimport them onto media player to get around the rights issues. Lot of hassle though.

There are a number of other music download sites to look at apart from Itunes, they will supply your music in .mp3 and you are away!
  5. itunes does suck. Can't even play music directly from ipod to car stereo using the usb cable.

But i think if you burn the music to a cd. You can then convert the files to .mp3 type .Then you can do what you want with them.
  6. Damn, beat me to it
  7. Get your music free from youtube :)
  8. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

'Tis as I suspected - please join me in sending snotograms to Rockstar to get them to drop iTunes and find a decent supplier.
  9. Itunes only sucks if you don't know how to use it properly,

If you have downloaded the music in Apple lossless format, then convert it to MP3 or WMA through itunes, you can then load it to you IPod and play it on your car stereo.

People should really read the help files before complaining.
  10. That still doesn't work if the Tracks were purchased from Itunes.
    I have PAID for the music so I should be able to listen to it anywhere I choose.

If i plug my Ipod into my Linux laptop to charge, Any Itunes purchased music becomes unavailable until I resync with Itunes. There is a whole list of Itunes restrictions which mean that i will never buy from Itunes again.

Don't get me wrong the software itself is fantastic, but if you want the music to be Truly yours you need to pay 99p per track. It is better value to buy a CD and have the ability to listen to YOUR music as YOU choose.
  11. You can if you burn the itunes music to a cd, then reimport it into itunes from the cd.
    I prefer .
    Just find the music on youtube, download it and convert to mp3.