ITunes Library

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by 1_reeper, Mar 4, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all. I would like to move my ITunes library over to my portable HDD and wipe it from my laptop HDD to free up some space on my laptop HDD. How do i do this and will ITunes need to know the library is on another HDD to access it and if not how do i do it? I'm a PC/ITunes Biff so nice simple instructions please . Got some 30gig of music etc. to move so back up to DVD out of question and don't have a memory stick big enough but plenty of room on the portable HDD. Thanks

2. If you go into itunes preferences and specify a new location for the library, and point into to a directory on your new hard drive, then select manage library automatically, it will copy the lot over in itunes.
    Otherwise you move the library manually and point to it in the same way, and itunes will look there for the music/films etc.

3. If you go into itunes preferences and specify a new location for the library, and point into to a directory on your new hard drive, then select manage library automatically, it will copy the lot over in itunes.
    Otherwise you move the library manually and point to it in the same way, and itunes will look there for the music/films etc.

4. Another one on this i have an IPOD touch, but i am looking at getting an Iphone can i transfer all my songs and purchases from the store to the phone?

5. brilliant thanks for putting my mind at rest

6. I have just discivered something about this. If you have a "cloud" location like dropbox etc, you can point itunes at this and then sync across remote computers (Home and Work etc) Trying it out and will report back.