iTunes Is Confused

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Legs, Jul 5, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My OH got an iPhone 3Gs today. Duly set it up to her laptop and installed iTunes. All well and good except that the iTunes Store is the German version.

I've uninstalled iTunes and reinstalled it from the UK Website, but still get German iTunes Store. All the iTunes text is in English but all Store content is German. Any ideas are welcome.
  2. Goto iTunes Edit menu > Preferences > General and check that "Language" is set to English (UK),
    Then click on the "Playback" tab and make sure "Audio Language" is set to English.
  3. The language of all buttons and menus is already in English, it's just the Store and it's contents that is in German.
  4. Longshot but might be the localisation on the iPhone itself. Go Settings icon > General > International > Region Format = United Kingdom.
  5. That's what we have.
  6. OK third time lucky. From iTunes goto "Store" menu > "View My Account", is the "Country/Region" set to Germany?
  7. Fixed....

I logged onto my iTunes account on her laptop, which took me to the UK Store. Then signed out but it left me in the UK Store. I could then set her account up and set it to UK.