Its your funeral... any last requests?

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by BaldricksBullet, Dec 13, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Call me a morbid sod... but through my life I've always wanted to choose the music for my own funeral myself. I once even put it in my will. The Scientist by Cold Play still ranks high...

But... last night after a few too many bevies and in a flash of inspiration... I slurred to my Danish wife: "I shust wan ther last post... wiv or wivout Reveille". She hates stuff like that so, dissinterested and not knowing what it was, she just tutted and told me to write it down. And now I'm worried that maybe the Wombles or some lame Danish group also had a song called Last Post.

So here it is in writing: The Last Post, single bugle, no Reveille... in case anyone ever asks.

However... that still leaves a huge gap in the entertainment part of my finest hour. Has anyone got any other great music/songs designed to tug at the strings of my last audience? (Or yours?) Right Said Fred perhaps??

2. Get them to start the service with the First Post ... a lovely call.

3. Going Home - Runrig...there will be floods

4. Don't know it... but will find it. Title/Group/floods sound good.

5. Forever Autumn -Jeff Waynes war of the Worlds.
    My Way - Jonnie rotten.
    Yesterday - The Beatles.
    Finish with the chicken song spitting image just for the crack

6. Another One Bites the Dust

7. Warren Zevon - I'll Sleep When I'm Dead.

8. :D :D :D I was just thinking though, that since I'd want to be cremated: Come on baby light my fire: Doors... then maybe the chicken song.

9. every body hurts by REM

10. I'm up for floods of tears... but to get my last audience to commit mass suicide might be taking things a bit far.

11. Followed by Jive bunny and the stars on 45 remix, if that doesnt get people of the pews then nothing will

12. Suppose by that stage its too late to request an overdraft for a final night on the P***!

As for music, a lone piper on the hill while it rains on the congregation followed by Bare Naked Ladies (The band) and liberal amounts of Guinness (liquid bread) in the pub afterwards

13. Heaven can wait - Iron Maiden

14. Who Wants to live forever - Queen
    Going Home by Runrig is an ace choice - as would be Loch Lomond

15. More suited to a sword weilding homicidal maniac in a kilt... "we're in the Highlands my love... I'm wearing the sheepskin boots that you made me." (Yes, Christopher Lambert - not Freddie). Good one, but everyone would be thinking about the film... Back to I'm Too Sexy (for this box) I'm affraid.