Its time to take it back to oLD sKool...

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by PartTimePongo, Aug 6, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Having listened to f****** garbage daring to describe itself as 'mixing', hip-hop and ersatz progressive on the Digital Wireless Device tonight, talked over by f****** motormouth 25 year olds I have taken it upon myself to remind the world what oLD sKooL really was.

If any of you remember Gary Crowley and the Red Box Club (Capital Radio...London) then you'll remember the time of vinyl heroes, when DJ's and mix kings relied solely on their ears and rhythm and Pioneer mixing decks to create an effective and in a lot of cases, very clever dance mix, not 2456 track NASA signed-off electronic mixing labs.

For those of you who don't even know what proper house, hip-hop and oLD Skool, was, before that w*nker Westwood first wigga'd, I provide for your further listening pleasure.....

Progressive - Layo and Bushwacka

I'm sure those true afficianados out there that know what I mean, will add to this.Remember, it ain't nothing without the sampling...
  2. PTP, this in your taste?

Rui da silva (tiesto mix)
    Touch me
  3. True oLD sKool mixing is with tape cassettes :)

Vinyl is for showing off CLICKY (It is damn good though).

Laptops are the future!
  4. you cant get the same spinback effect on lappies or CDJ's but that a wicked youtube...

try 2 many DJ's they are cheesyeaters but have a few good mixes from them almost a mash up in style but interesting never the less. :lol:
  5. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

If you want banging choons and to be down wit de homeboyz, try this chap.

Attached Files:

6. Jesus and his mother's donkey!!!! That's almost as bad as Whigfield's Saturday night :( TBH I kinda liked it....

Anyone remember Nightcrawlers???

nah old school is what I'm going to see at the Edinburgh Fringe - THE RAT PACK!!!!! :D
  7. Frenchie - That is Banging , and just the sort of stuff I mean. Halo, that takes me right back , off my tits and windmilling :D Gimp , that first link is dA boMb.

Matelot- Are you under a lot of stress with deadlines etc? You're hallucinating Shippers!

Now THIS is some clever sh1t..
  8. Deadlines? DEADLINES? Don't mention those bloody things to me.

(err, I've been granted an extension :oops: )

Here's one for all you lovers out there