It's The Way He Told Them

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by HHH, Feb 22, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. HHH

HHH LE

• Like Like x 1
  2. What a shame, I dont think he had an offensive joke in him.

3. "It's quieter down here now. God help them up there!!"

How true!

He'll be up there with all those guys from the comedians that infused to watch as a kid.

He always came across as one of life's true gents.

4. He served in The Parachute Regiment during Op Musketeer in 1956

5. RIP Frank, take it easy

6. An old skool comedian and a great character.
    RIP Frank :)

7. Oh Dear..

I met Frank a few times over the years through a mutual friend..

He seemed exactly the same in real life as on the telly - machine gunning jokes in all directions, all the time!

RIP Frank - you can stop now..!

8. From the Obituary, during his career Spike Milligan created the joke
    "whats the difference between Frank Carson and the M1?"

"You can turn off the M1"

9. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

A true gent and larger than life. Met him about 14 years ago and remained friends since.

Ex Parachute regiment and had half of his calf missing due to active service in Palestine I believe.

Barking mad, always had a gag and a discreet supporter to hols4heroes.

Absolute pleasure and honour to have known him and will raise the gnarly old shit a glass as soon as I get home.

I hate the RIP thing, but Frank will be hugely missed by a lot of people, me included. Go easy mate

10. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

The Paratrooper is required to be physically fit and mentally robust. He has to demonstrate motivation, self-reliance, initiative and intelligence. Through rigorous selection and hard training the airborne soldier is expected to develop resilience, self-confidence and a fierce determination to succeed, whatever the difficulties. And this man did a modest and charitable person Utrinque Paratus

11. Another comedian who made people laugh by being funny, a truly rare breed these days.

12. He entertained us in Belfast in 71 and had a few sherbets afterwards great character and natural funny man RIP

13. HHH

HHH LE

14. i met him once when i worked on security at the canada dock here in liverpool..
    he came through the vehicle search shed andf at the end of the docs and search i stated"thank you mr o,connor".
    he looked at me and said to the girl that was with me,will you tell him who the fuckin comedian is..
    the boat would have been rockin on that sailing..

• Like Like x 1
  15. Good call. I last chatted to him at Gerry Fitt's funeral in Westminster Cathedral, where he pitched up like a cast member from HMS Pinafore. He was in the uniform of a Knight of St. Gregory and allowing for a bit of mugging for the cameras outside of the cathedral, he was in serious mode. A lovely, lovely man. Nice to know that he supported hols4heroes, he also supported the Airborne Association and attended the annual meet in Blackpool as circumstances permitted.

May God level the road for his soul.