It's The Way He Told Them

"It's quieter down here now. God help them up there!!"

How true!

He'll be up there with all those guys from the comedians that infused to watch as a kid.

He always came across as one of life's true gents.

He served in The Parachute Regiment during Op Musketeer in 1956

Oh Dear..

I met Frank a few times over the years through a mutual friend..

He seemed exactly the same in real life as on the telly - machine gunning jokes in all directions, all the time!

RIP Frank - you can stop now..!

A true gent and larger than life. Met him about 14 years ago and remained friends since.

Ex Parachute regiment and had half of his calf missing due to active service in Palestine I believe.

Barking mad, always had a gag and a discreet supporter to hols4heroes.

Absolute pleasure and honour to have known him and will raise the gnarly old shit a glass as soon as I get home.

I hate the RIP thing, but Frank will be hugely missed by a lot of people, me included. Go easy mate

Pararegtom

LE
Book Reviewer
A true gent and larger than life. Met him about 14 years ago and remained friends since.

Ex Parachute regiment and had half of his calf missing due to active service in Palestine I believe.

Absolute pleasure and honour to have known him and will raise the gnarly old shit a glass as soon as I get home.

I hate the RIP thing, but Frank will be hugely missed by a lot of people, me included. Go easy mate

The Paratrooper is required to be physically fit and mentally robust. He has to demonstrate motivation, self-reliance, initiative and intelligence. Through rigorous selection and hard training the airborne soldier is expected to develop resilience, self-confidence and a fierce determination to succeed, whatever the difficulties. And this man did a modest and charitable person Utrinque Paratus

Another comedian who made people laugh by being funny, a truly rare breed these days.

i met him once when i worked on security at the canada dock here in liverpool..
he came through the vehicle search shed andf at the end of the docs and search i stated"thank you mr o,connor".
he looked at me and said to the girl that was with me,will you tell him who the fuckin comedian is..
the boat would have been rockin on that sailing..

Good call. I last chatted to him at Gerry Fitt's funeral in Westminster Cathedral, where he pitched up like a cast member from HMS Pinafore. He was in the uniform of a Knight of St. Gregory and allowing for a bit of mugging for the cameras outside of the cathedral, he was in serious mode. A lovely, lovely man. Nice to know that he supported hols4heroes, he also supported the Airborne Association and attended the annual meet in Blackpool as circumstances permitted.

May God level the road for his soul.

skid2

On ROPS
On ROPs
Book Reviewer
Guy goes into a restaurant and orders the Octupus. Waiter tells him it'll be about 4 hours.
4 hours, why?
It keeps turning the gas off.

Still cracks me up
RIP Frank

Many years ago a mate organised a charity evening and enquired if Frank would be available to do a "spot" in aid of a good cause. The reply came back that he was already booked that night but as it was on his route he would try and turn up after his booking and "show his face and tell a couple of gags". Frank duly turned up very late in the evening and he only stopped several hours later because people were in physical pain through laughing so much and the fact the bar had already stayed open way past licencing hours.

RIP Frank you brought laughter wherever you went.

Couldnt give a bollocks either way.