Its PC madness - I going

old_bloke,

You are right using the word "immigrant" shouldn't be against the law, however to quote the rest of the aticle...

She replied: "I can't find another doctor. All the good doctors are taken up by asylum seekers and I am left with an immigrant doctor."

To be honest mate..if she said that she is not only talking C**P but is very moraly wrong as well, i'm English through and through but if I was working in another country, say France and someone said that to me they would be inspecting the floor with their ass.

I know alot of people on here will more than disagree with me, but hey !

Stand by, stand by

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
Don't see why this is "PC Madness. Given the current prejorative connotations of the term, if someone calls someone else an immigrant whilst they're battering them, then it seems reasonable to assume that there's a "racial aggravation" element.

B

Biscuits_AB

What if they're Aussie immigrants? Does that count, 'cos there's loads of the immigrant c*nts working in bars down my way.

And those immigrant Irish f*ckers. Calling themselves Gypsies. What's all that about?

Immigrant of itself not racially aggravating.

Saying all the 'Good' doctors,are taken up, and she's seeing an "immigrant" in this case does seem to be. My Doctor is Canadian-eh, and she's pretty damn good.

Of course, she could always go private. Ooooooooops I forgot, that's full of 'Good' doctors, and damn me if they ain't 'immigrants' as well.

Balls. This woman lives in Luton, an area of extremely high immigration from the Indian subcontinent. I can very well imagine her frustration at being treated in an apparently offhand and seemingly unprofessional way (read the report) by someone whom she may regard as a recent newcomer to her part of the world, where she may well be starting to feel a foreigner herself. Her behaviour was foolish, but legislation intended to engineer attitude is even more foolish.

Biscuits_AB said:
What if they're Aussie immigrants? Does that count, 'cos there's loads of the immigrant c*nts working in bars down my way.
That's funny. We've got a load of British Immigrants doing the same thing out here.

I recently had a short stay in Frimley Park Hospital, where many of the nurses are Philipino

In the recovery suite after my operation I was finding it hard to understand the nurses... the gentleman next to me went one further, by remarking to a nurse "I'm sorry my dear, but I can't understand a bloody word your saying!"

The point being that the staff may be very professional in their job, but if you can't understand them, and they can't understand you, the situation is rife for problems...

Without knowing the case in question, I fully sympathise with the woman :evil:

B

Biscuits_AB

Birdie_Numnums said:
Biscuits_AB said:
That's funny. We've got a load of British Immigrants doing the same thing out here.
Immigrant b*stards.

have we forgotten that this "immigrant" is a Doctor...he is a profesional that has worked hard to get where he is. He's not just some freeloading sh1te who is claiming the old King Cole and free housing, at least he is paying tax and such like...what about the 100,000's of Brits who flock to sunny pastures, dont put anything into the local community and dont even learn to speak the language ???? you class them as "immigrants" ????

To be honest the woman sounds like a right angry bint that was in the wrong in the way she use the word immigrant, I have worked in the customer facing industry and I can tell you public can be right ARRSE to deal with.

If there is one thing that p**sses me off, it's people that are so set in their ways...

..question is what the Feck was she doing out of the Kitchen where she should have been making her old mans Dinner ???

She replied "I can't find another doctor. All the good doctors have been taken up by asylum seekers and I am left with an immigrant doctor."
Don't know what this looks like to you guys, but to me it seems like she's saying that he isn't a good doctor because he is an immigrant. While not specifically racist in that she isn't saying he isn't a good doctor due to his membership of a specific racial group, it's pretty close in saying that because he isn't British he isn't a good doctor.
I doubt his being an immigrant was the real cause of the assault though - sounds like just another pushy parent who wouldn't accept that doctors are not capable of giving an instant diagnosis to every possible minor ailment...

What's more offensive

Calling someone's professionalism into question, based solely on "He's not British" or calling somone a 'Racist cow" for making that sort of statement?

Because her statement infers she tried all the "British/Good" Doctors before trying an 'Immigrant/Bad" one.

If it wasn't for all the immigrant NHS Personnel and their UK counterparts working like bloody heroes for fc*k all , the NHS would have collapsed.

So instead of this stupid cow banging on about 'Immigrant Doctors"which incidentally have been around in Britain since WW2 , maybe she should ask herself just why the Doctor couldn't put her straight on his surgery list.

I wonder if she gobbed off at him at all? Belay that , I think I already know the answer

Incidentally my Canadian-eh Female Doctor is a Hindu.

And she's still bloody good.

PartTimePongo said:
If it wasn't for all the immigrant NHS Personnel and their UK counterparts working like bloody heroes for fc*k all , the NHS would have collapsed.
Well said that man! As a person working in the AMS/DMS/NHS if it were not for these "immigrant" persons we would have sunk years ago. Some pour their hearts and soul into our medical care and get abuse in response :evil:
I do however, believe in controlled immigration, something New Labliar know nothing about :evil:

So instead of this stupid cow banging on about 'Immigrant Doctors"which incidentally have been around in Britain since WW2 , maybe she should ask herself just why the Doctor couldn't put her straight on his surgery list.

As a person with an "immigrant" in my family, some offer a vast wealth to the UK and that part of my family, I am proud to say, has benefited this country immeasurably. He and his heritage have given me and those he has met a wealth of pleasure and help. I yearn for his like to help this country, for God knows our own heritage are doing bog all for themselves but complain.

Oh and surgery lists are a New Labliar ploy, you spend months on one to move to another. Just so they can say they are doing the job :evil:

Have to agree with dui and ptp on some of their points. The civilian health services out here would have completely collapsed if not for the relatively steady stream of migrants over the years. The health services are fairly abysmal even with them here but that is a funding v demand issue. There are simply not enough people taking up medicine or nursing as a career to keep up with the population and to be honest whom in their right mind would take it up as a career when there is easier money to be made elsewhere. You also have huge litigation issues in health care and that situation is not getting any better due to the attitude of some that "I have no personal responsibility for any of my actions it is someone else's fault and I'll make that person pay". This has frightened a lot of people away from health care into other less "dangerous" fields and also cause many current personnel to leave and take up "safe" jobs. This then leaves less and less people to care for more and more of the population with fewer resources and as ever funding is always decreased in real terms. Health care is something you do, not always because you can, but because you feel the need to help others in distress.

There are many clinicians whom come out here and battle the AMA for the privilege of being told "you can work in the outback because quite frankly we are comfy staying here in the big cities". The good MOs I have met whom really wanted to come to Oz and help people, as their own country was no longer a place they could live and work, bust a gut working long hours in often dangerous conditions and all they can look forward to is more of the same. Nurses have it sometimes slightly easier as there are even less of us worldwide so they usually have a better chance of choosing where they end up. Hospitals though still get private companies to sponsor migrant nurses to areas of need only (ie outback communities) in preference to ones who want to be in the city. I know many nurses will do 1-2 years of a sponsored visa in horrible conditions and then as soon as they can get residency or citizenship they leave (either that hospital or nursing altogether). This is a shame as the skills loss is often hard to replace.

However in saying that some of the people I speak to whom work in public and private hospitals invariably have anecdotal evidence of the poor clinical standards of many of the migrants that do get sponsored. This is often minor things such as procedural differences or better supplies out here but sometimes more worryingly it is basic professional standards. Usually in the case of the nurses they are shunted into wards where they can be "mentored" (read muzzled and trained) by senior staff and have limited chance to make fatal mistakes unchecked. This is often not the case for the doctors and that is a distinct worry.

I am really in two minds about this issue. I can see the whole PC gone nuts thing if by merely saying someone is an "immigrant" etc is now considered an attack. I can also see the point of needing the legislation in place to protect people trying to live peacefully and do their job in a new country from being abused by narrow minded knobbers. Migrants, particularly highly skilled ones, add to a country. It is the minority of "bad" migrants that the media concentrate on that give the rest of them a bad name.

interesting you use "migramt" rather than "immigrant"

to me "migrant" indicates someone living temporarily in a location, while an "immigrant" indicates someone who has chosen to move to a country to legally take up residence,

The word "migrant" is often used these days by the PC brigade for those who enter a country illegally (but should be commended/rewarded for it and allowed to stay), skirting the immigration routine that others must follow

PartTimePongo said:

Incidentally my Canadian-eh Female Doctor is a Hindu.

And she's still bloody good.
What does her religion have to do with it?

You keep saying she's bloody good like it surprises you! 8O

RC - fair point. I personally use the term "immigrant" for the singular and "migrants" for the plural/group. I hope that gives clarity.

I tend to find out here often times "refugee" or "asylum seeker" is the PC term and "illegal immigrant" or "queue jumper" is used by the Federal Government/those against immigration.

I am very much in favour of skilled immigration programmes and similar. In fact I feel at times, due to Federal Government policies/stance, Australia borders on being quite anti-immigrant at times. This disturbs me greatly as the Federal Government likes to portray itself as a "bunch of good blokes" and "good Australians" and anyone who queries them is "unAustralian".

I also feel too many officials in the immigration department, with vested interests, delay genuine immigrants just because they can and push through less worthy candidates for whatever reason.

mizkrissi said:
...I am very much in favour of skilled immigration programmes and similar. In fact I feel at times, due to Federal Government policies/stance, Australia borders on being quite anti-immigrant at times. This disturbs me greatly as the Federal Government likes to portray itself as a "bunch of good blokes" and "good Australians" and anyone who queries them is "unAustralian".
Funny thing, perception. Substitute the word "English" for "Australian", and delete "Federal" in the paragraph above, and you would be at the opposite end of our reality.