• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

It's Pancake Day!

That's right - It's Pancake Day! I love pancakes, I have mine with a squish of lemon and a trace of sugar cos I'm sweet enough. I'm really good at tossing them too! What's your favourite pancake and how do you make yours?

[video=youtube;WERMGYQBXwc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WERMGYQBXwc&sns=em[/video]

Yum!

DC

Coming originally from Yorkshire i have memories of odd pancake flavours.

Sugar and Vinegar
Gravy

I have also turned them into a main meal by filling and rolling them with bolognese sauce.

B

Boozy

I love pancakes so much I can eat them cold and straight from a packet.

My favourite is to fill a small tub with coco pops heat up the pancake then stick the pancake to the top of the cocopops. When you lift it off a layer of cocopops comes too, now fold over and stuff in your gob. Pure beaut :)

My original favourite is just the simple butter and sugar combo. Can't beat simple old favourites.

Chocolate filled crepes are gorgeous too! Shit I'm hungry now and can't eat til after circuits. :-(

Coming originally from Yorkshire we i have memories of odd pancake flavours.

Sugar and Vinegar
Gravy

I have also turned them into a main meal by filling and rolling them with bolognese sauce.
Sugar and Vinegar, I've heard they're a bit thrifty over t'hills but vinegar? Are there no lemons in Yorkshire or have they sucked em all?

To be fair to the yorkshireman/woman (for a change), the pancake ready mixes are also yorkshire pudding mixes, the only difference being frying and baking, maybe they are baking their pancakes? Fucking freaks the lot of em ;)

We eat them stuffed with scrummy veggies, and a little bit of chili relish does not go amiss. Followed by either sugar and lemon or choccie sauce made from chocolate powder, milk and a touch of sugar. Complete meal.
Now there is syncronicity for you, I made up a pile to be eaten today and didn't look at the calendar.

Amazes me people buy these mixes.
As a Caterer I am amazed at all the "Just Add Water" food mixes there are, Fish Batter, Bag of Flour and chemicals, just add water...... why not make the real thing, Flour, Beer, Egg Yolk, seasoning and a little oil and just add water.........No Chemicals (well maybe a couple in the beer and water).

It does not take any longer to make, just more ingredients to buy.

Make up a batch of small, thicker 'american' style pancakes

Maple syrup, cripsy bacon and blueberries

Or just the good old golden syrup and ice cream ..

God im hungry now ..

The cloggies have taken pancakes to a whole new level though.

Ones with bacon & ham. Sweet ones with a whole fruit cocktail.

They have those "PANNEKOEKENHUIS" which have something like 50 different types.

When I was a kid we had a home help who liked her pancakes with brown sugar and vinegar!

My favourite, a preference picked up when living in Amsterdam, is a bacon pancake smothered in maple syrup (Pannenkoek met spek en stroop). It works, believe me.

As a Caterer I am amazed at all the "Just Add Water" food mixes there are, Fish Batter, Bag of Flour and chemicals, just add water...... why not make the real thing, Flour, Beer, Egg Yolk, seasoning and a little oil and just add water.........No Chemicals (well maybe a couple in the beer and water).

It does not take any longer to make, just more ingredients to buy.
This will make me sound uber sad but I bought the mix because it works out cheaper than bag of flour,eggs etc. Mind you that's only doing pancakes for two, I'm sure when catering for larger numbers then the price point changes but then you need to factor in your time...........

I think i'll get my coat.

Latest Threads