It's over

Discussion in 'US' started by crabtastic, Sep 17, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I didn't reckon he was gonna win anyway. However, this could be the cleverest bit, wait, it's Romney. As you were, sorry about that.
  2. The truth he speaks.

Typical mouthbreathing, clueless, wastoid Obama voter: "I'll never have to worry about my mortgage or putting gas in my car!"

Obama Is Going To Pay For My Gas And Mortgage!!! - YouTube

Yeah honey, don't worry, Ogabe will take my money and give it to you for those things.
  3. I jumped onto this thread with enthusiasm but feel YL may have delivered the sucker punch.

BO will win - a tenner this time. I've listened to all the arguments about BO surrounding himself only with intellectuals and Hilary proves them all wrong.
    Clinton and Reagan were in a tight spot (in the former's case, probably already had a gizz stain) in the run-up to first Tuesday. Romney's too big a risk and he looks a bit like George senior; the Republicans are waiting to wheel out their weapon of undisputed power: P4 with his running mate P4 (the black(ish) one). OK, make it a pony.
  4. And it's fascinating insights such as that which will cost Romney the election. Thanks for playing, Mittens. Enjoy La Jolla and your car elevator.
  5. And when the non-contributing welfare shites are the ones who call the shots, the republic is dead. Enjoy dancing on our grave, crabby.

Meanwhile, I'll be laughing my arrse off come Nov 6th should Romney pull it off. Already have the 6th and 7th reserved as days off so I can get suitably shitty.
  6. Let's take a minute to talk about those non-contributing welfare shites, and where they live...

Red states are more likely to get a bigger cut of federal spending. Of the 22 states that went to McCain in 2008, 86 percent received more federal spending than they paid in taxes in 2010. In contrast, 55 percent of the states that went to Obama received more federal spending than they paid in taxes. Republican states, on average, received $1.46 in federal spending for every tax dollar paid; Democratic states, on average, received $1.16.

7. There is no difference between them, it's all campaign bollocks, Romney will be no different if he becomes president. Do you know why? Because it is the people with money who run the country, not the President. Same as the UK, and most European states.
    • Like Like x 3
  8. I’ve been dating a ‘mouthbreathing, clueless, wastoid Obama voter’ for the last 16 years.

Taxes – she’s always cheerfully paid whatever HR Block couldn’t write off and hence probably a higher proportion of her income than Mitt has.

Healthcare – out of what’s left she helps out her parents, they’re both veterans but there’s stuff the VA doesn’t cover. And of course she’s paying for a pretty good health plan for herself.

Patriotism – well, she’s done two voluntary tours in Kabul as a DOD civilian and will do another before Old Glory is hauled down. Not life on a two-way range obviously, but I suspect closer to the smell of cordite than many a GOP talking head.

Politics – pro ‘woman’s right to choose’ AND pro ‘right to bear arms’ (if only for a chance to gut shoot an anti-abortionist and watch them bleed out). Bit conflicted about where to put her X last time around, until McCain chose his running mate them Obama was a no brainer. And this time around? Well, Mitt isn’t winning her over. She’s probably representative of a lot of voters = natural GOPers who are scared off by the pandering to the ‘religious right’ or however you define them i.e. the fuckos who don’t believe in government regulation except when it’s concerned with folks’ genitals.

So, when the GOP wakes up the morning after the election and realizes that even against a President as unimpressive as Obama they can’t win, do they have to do what Labour did and shed the baggage in order to make themselves electable? Stop dribbling on about personal morality and get back to doing serious politics? Or go the way of the dodo whilst telling the few who will listen that Democrat=Communist and that Gawd will smite them?
  9. He's not a US Citizen so he cant vote for Obama.
    Crap just realized you meant the video not crabtastic, never mind.
  10. So end it. Let the people in the several states keep their money, and if needed, give it to their state governments. Whether the money is to red or blue states. Also that leaves out the "inconvenient truth" of political rewards to states that voted for you last term, or whose votes you want to win for the next. I saw that shite on the city level in DC when Marion Barry made sure the ghetto in Southeast DC (which could always be counted on to vote for him) had wonderfully maintained roads, while the white slice of the pie in Northwest(including Embassy Row) had potholes galore. The power to pay out is the power to corrupt.
  11. Dont forget when talking about Welfare that those states Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, South Carolina, Florida have large amounts of Blacks living in poor conditions.

Texas gets spending because we have so many Bases there- Ft. Hood, Ft. Sam Houston, Ft. Bliss, Red River Army depot, Lackland AFB, Brooks AFB, Dyess AFB, Goodfellow AFB, LaughlinAFB, Randolph AFB, Sheppard AFB, NAS Corpus Christi, NAS Kingsville, JRB Fort Worth

New Mexico has White Sands Missile range, Cannon AFB, Holloman AFB, Kirtland AFB

Georgia has Ft. Benning (Infantry, Airborne, and Armor schools), Ft Gordon (Signal school), Ft. Stewart (3rd ID), Ft. McPherson, Ft. Gillem(1st Army HQ), Hunter Army Airfield (3rd Ranger Bn, Moody AFB, Robbins AFB

Florida has Eglin AFB, Patrick AFB, Hulbert Field, Macdill AFB, Tyndal AFB, Camp Blanding, NAS Jacksonville, NAS Key West, NAS Pensecola, NAS Whiting field, NS Mayport, NSA Panama City, Naval air Warfare Center, AUTEC, Blount Island USMCB

Alabama has Ft. Rucker, Redstone Arsenal, Anniston Arsenal, Maxwell AFB....

South Carolina has Parris Island MCRD, Beaufort MCAS, Ft. Jackson, Shaw AFB, Charleston JFB,

You might notice most of our bases are in those red states in the south. Combine that with the poorer elements who are mostly blacks and the spending isnt really a surprise. Idaho is the exception to basing.
  12. Yes, you're right... and look how those red states start squealing like stuck pigs every time that base closures are mentioned. The United States military is the single biggest example of Keynesian economics at work anywhere in the world. Does it really need a $2.13bn B-2 Spirit? If bits of it are built in all 50 states, you can bet your ass Congress is going to say yes. Even now, with the threat of "large" budget cuts looming, Republicans are casting the cuts as "job killing" and not so much to do with any reduction in capability.

Have you ever wondered why the Base Realignment and Closure Commission have left bases open in the flyover states and closed others in states that have more viable economies? Operational efficiency is hardly ever a large factor, especially when compared to things like political lobbying and examination of effects on local economies.
  13. When are politicians (and certain members of the Royal Family) going to learn that where ever you go there is always someone with a camera/mobile phone who will film everything? And that someone does not necessarily have the "victims" best interests in mind.
    YL should Nobama win again we (the Brits) will not be dancing on your collective grave, we do have a few problems of our own on this side of the Pond. Something about that well known creek and desparately looking for a paddle.