Its on Meridian news Bordon closing. yipee

Discussion in 'REME' started by shut_cint, Jul 18, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well its on the news in colour so it must be true, bye bye Jesus Kebabs. But where now and what excuse for future funding? But most of all no more divoes, Jesus kebabs and No more Woodlands!

arte et amrte and a double cheese burger kebab mix owe go on i'll have a chillie with it.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

How will they be able to tell?
  3. Anyone got a link for this? I thought the Metrix deal had crashed and burned.

VG, the rest of the garrison has already fucked off to Tidders.

I predict some fast food providers going bust in this little corner of Hants. Can't wait to see the "Eco-Village".
  4. Link here:

Meridian Regional News | Merdian Tonight - ITV Local

When this was being discussed in the context of DTR a few years ago, the hawks on the council were a little put out when they found that the Garrison was responsible for putting about £22m per year into the local economy and provided (directly or indirectlty) a large proportion of the jobs in the Town. Building on the site will be a non-trivial exercise with metres thick concrete and asbestos to contend with and SSSIs to avoid. The local economy will tank with the only hope of recovery being a few years later provided they get the investment to build an eco town and business park that people want to live and work in. Chances of that in the current economic situation which is not going to improve for many years are, IMHO, a bit slim.

Turkeys voting for Christmas.

5. Will the Kebab van go in the REME Museum ??? Complete with 2 wax figures in it that are motion activated as you walk past ;-)
    • Like Like x 4
  6. I suppose Longmoor and the ranges will close as a result
  7. Plans are already in place for a new Corps WOs' and Sgts' Mess.

This has been procured for the task and will be parked up in a layby of the A1.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Why would they? People from Bordon aren't the only ones who use the ranges and Longmoor gets used quite alot on a regular basis
  9. What will peroxide Pat and the Whitehill slappers do for a dose now I wonder??????
  10. At last a big improvement !!
  11. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

They get used a lot (at weekends) on a TA basis as well :)
  12. Not so fast. Prime real estate for Reading and the M4 to London.
    Someone someone where is going to make a mint and it won.t be the MOD... now if we knew a really good phone hacker to tap those conflabs.
  13. To quote Old Snowy: They get used a lot (at weekends) on a TA basis as well [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 2
  14. That's Bordon not Arborfield you inept stab flatfoot.Toddle off and practice "detecting" your arse with both hands.