Its on another go slow...

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by tiny_lewis, Jun 8, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Title says it all. No rhyme, no reason, but the site can take an age using the page navigation buttons, or selecting from the last posts on the right hand side.

Not local - other sites are zipping through.

edit: ARRSE is taking upwards of 20 seconds to repsond to requests, after clicking "post reply" I was able to add most of this edit.

Email updates are erractic... many active threads not receiving on, then getting 5 updates for one thread in 5 minutes, in one update.
  2. no problems here.
  3. Even editing the post was difficult, with the site timing out...
  4. Working fine with me, pages loading straight after I click.
  5. Very slow... how do I change back to arrse3.. oh, I cant.. its all arrse_amazon... maybe its the template... how do I go back to arrse 2006!
  6. No problems here...
  7. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

No problems here and no high server load. In this case I think it's more likely your end.
  8. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

By the way, when was the first go-slow?
  9. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Try CTRL + F5 together if things look weird. If not explain more clearly please as that was no use to me at all.
  10. Working fine for me - Dolphin on Android in desktop mode.
  11. I noticed yesterday that when I opened up ARRSE via notifications that the tabs were coming up coloured red and taking a long time to load. I used CTRL +F5. The tabs went to normal colour and things speeded up considerably. I assume the red colour indicates the cache needs to be cleared. Or I could be talking rubbish. Any comments?
  12. Never had any probs with the site before but over the last couple of days it takes about 12 sec from clicking the page number to actaully getting there.

Using Google Chrome.
  13. Agreed. It is very slow to load.
  14. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I am getting no performance problems at all and server load has been normal all morning. Your connections perhaps? Anybody else like to comment?

Have either of you changed browser settings by the way? Disabled your browser cache for example?
  15. With me it's been going on for about a week. I'm on W7. All other sites ok. No settings changes.